Nobel Peace? 950 casualties due to Embassy

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Re: Nobel Peace? 950 casualties due to Embassy

Post by _Hawkeye »

subgenius wrote:Probably because Hamas is a Palestinian supported hate group that commits violent acts against Jewish people...but since you have not yet, you were going to provide proof otherwise?

Hamas is not synonymous with Palestinian refugees, and that is what idiots like you don't understand or even want to understand. You also don't understand that Hamas is a small organization of a few thousand among roughly 2 million refugees, most of whom are under the age of 18. If you were aware of any actual reporting on this, and didn't have your head buried in Sean Hannity's ass all the time you may have come across some basic information like this that wouldn't make you look so dumb.

LA Times 2011:

"Hamas has also seen its popularity plummet this year in Gaza and the West Bank, polls show. Palestinians criticize the group for its strong-arm rule over Gaza and confrontational stance toward the outside world, which fueled an economic boycott by the West and rigid restrictions by Israel on the movement of goods and people."

Washington Post 2014:

"In all kinds of ways, recent opinion polling shows that the majority of Palestinians back positions that Hamas rejects regarding diplomacy and resistance. Hamas remains more hard-line than the public it seeks to lead, and surveys also show that the group would have tremendous trouble repeating its 2006 election win."

Jerusalem Post 2013:
Polling showed that among Palestinians, "80% back non-violent resistance against Israel."

So only 20% of the 2 million refugees support violent resistance against Israel. For morons, that's just one in five Palestinians.

I'd guess that if Americans were in their position that percentage would be well above 90%. But from listening to Right Wing media you'd think every single Palestinian is a Jihadist intent on killing Jews any way they can.

subgenius wrote:CFR, because obviously we (meaning myself, dictionaries, and literate people) have a different definition for "plenty".

You're the one who said the killings were justified because rockets were being launched. Now you're asking me to provide video footage of what didn't happen? Yeah, you're dumb. None of the footage shows anyone posing a threat to Israel. Hurling rocks, burning tires and screaming out loud is all it takes to trigger those snowflakes.

subgenius wrote: If yu knew anything about the region's history you would know that my specific number of rockets are associated with a real and know fact - so real and known that the UN passed the mentioned resolution...which is just one of the many real and known facts that dispute your moronic position of "poor innocent Hamas".

So because 1,456 rockets were launched more than four years ago by Hamas in a completely different context, this means slaughtering innocent protesters unaffiliated with Hamas in 2018 is completely justified? And only the dumbest of right wingers would have that exact figure crystallized in their brains for this long.

subgenius wrote:Since your accusation here is founded on your inept understanding of my posted facts all i can respond with is "huh?".

You haven't posted any facts, all you've done is backtrack, ramble incoherently and make excuses for your abject ignorance. You haven't supported a single claim.

subgenius wrote:wow....is this supposed to be evidence of innocence?

It is a direct refutation of the Right Wing talking point that Hamas is to blame for every protest.

subgenius wrote:wow....anti-semite much?

Now you're just trolling again, or you're just too stupid to know what Semite means.

subgenius wrote:Yes, Palestine - so innocent, Haley must be lying, and Trump carrying out the rapture, all in cahoots with those Jews, Republicans, and Christians.....

The international community and the UN wanted an investigation into the killings and the USA blocked it. Then Nikki Haley walks out while the other side was airing their grievances. That isn't how an unbiased broker is supposed to respond to one side giving their version of the events. Haley is obviously just doing as ordered, spewing the usual USA BS to justify their support for a terrorist state.

subgenius wrote:The funny part is when you use phrases like - "But in your warped conspiracy minded world" and then fail to see how you are just talking about yourself.

Except my conspiracy theory isn't a theory, it actually has precedent. You know, like lying at the UN about Iraq's WMDs. If it is one thing a Republican administration always brings to the table, it is the willingness to lie to justify more killing of innocent people.

What this all boils down to is your insistence that anytime a Palestinian is killed, Hamas is to blame. You feel like it isn't necessary to support these assumptions. Just kill and keep killing and then if someone complains about it, just demand that they prove the dead people weren't Hamas.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Hawkeye wrote:What this all boils down to is your insistence that anytime a Palestinian is killed, Hamas is to blame. You feel like it isn't necessary to support these assumptions. Just kill and keep killing and then if someone complains about it, just demand that they prove the dead people weren't Hamas.

I was surprised to find this editorial in the Washington Post today:

Don’t blame the embassy opening for the violence in Gaza. Blame Hamas.

I am no fan of President Trump and I am ready to blame him for a lot of things — but not for the terrible bloodshed in the Gaza Strip on Monday. Yes, the confrontation between Palestinians and Israeli security forces occurred at the same time as the unveiling of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem. And, yes, the embassy’s relocation could have been handled more smoothly and diplomatically. But it doesn’t mean that, if the embassy had stayed in Tel Aviv, peace and tranquility would have prevailed in Gaza.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

But those possible tactical misjudgments in no way obviate Hamas’s ultimate responsibility for this horror. Israel has shown it is willing to ease economic restrictions if the security threat decreases. That’s why life is so much better in the West Bank, where the Palestinian Authority security forces work with the IDF to stop terrorism: The unemployment rate is less than half of what it is in Gaza.

If Hamas wants to ease the suffering of its people, it needs to do what the Palestinian Authority has already done: Accept the existence of Israel. But if it does that, Hamas will lose its raison d’etre. This, ultimately, is why the 1.8 million people of Gaza are consigned to an “open-air prison.” Their jailers are in Hamas, not Israel.

_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

Surprised why? Like it is hard to imagine why a Jewish hawk who is the former editor of The Christian Science Monitor and Weekly Standard would follow a popular Right Wing talking point about Hamas.

His argument is idiotic to the core. Basically saying yes, we know Hamas represents only a fraction of a fraction of the population, but until that tiny fraction of the population drops their rhetoric about ending Israel, we're going to just assume the entire region agrees with them and we'll continue to treat them all like terrorists. Especially the babies!

It can be argued just the same that Israel and the US are using dead bodies to try to dissuade this minority organization of its beliefs. Because that is basically what these apologetic articles amount to. "If you don't want us to stop slaughtering these refugees, then give in to all of our demands already!"

Trump is gradually shattering what little hopes these people have remaining, and he's loving it because Israel's extreme right wing is giving his all sorts of glory for this which is what Trump lives for. The one thing these refugees could have looked forward to was having their own state with East Jerusalem as their Capital. The former PM of Israel had already agreed to that during the Clinton administration, and the international community at large has already agreed with that as well. But Israel's current tyrant in chief has made it clear he does not want a Palestinian state nor does he agree to ever sharing the holy city. This old grievance between both parties was basically on standstill until Trump decided to throw damned gasoline on the flame that was dwindling. Anyone who ignores this is either ignorant of what's been going on over there or they're being disingenuous.
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:. . . and here he is being the ONLY REASON six children were murdered at this protest. Israel slaughters them like they typically do . . .

What was the Israelis' motive for shooting at protesters?

I mean Jesus ____ Christ, is it REALLY more important for us to have an Embassy in Jerusalem than it is to keep Jerusalem neutral?

I never did figure this out, so please inform me: What difference does it make where the embassy is, and why is anyone protesting its move?

BUMP for Hawkeye
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent