The other hand...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

The other hand...

Post by _subgenius »

so while many of you have been worried about important issues like Stormy, Cohen, or whatever hair-fire du jour....

WASHINGTON ― The Senate voted Thursday to confirm Michael Brennan to a lifetime seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit ― a vacancy that Republicans prevented President Barack Obama from filling for six years.

The vote, 49 to 46, was entirely partisan.

After years of denying votes to Obama’s judicial picks, McConnell is now aggressively moving forward with filling those empty court seats with young, conservative, lifetime judges. Trump has been nominating people at record-breaking levels, and many of his picks have records of being anti-LGBTQ rights, anti-abortion rights or anti-voting rights.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 56936.html
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: The other hand...

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

subgenius wrote:After years of denying votes to Obama’s judicial picks, McConnell is now aggressively moving forward with filling those empty court seats with young, conservative, lifetime judges.

Yes McConnell is an @$$. But it really don't matter because courts don't make the law. Courts can only stop laws.

But anyways a new study finds that"rising temperatures could reduce U.S. economic growth by up to one-third". In other words rising temperatures alone will impact the U.S. economy. I suspect that by the year 2040 the economic growth will slow down by 10%.

The young generations of today will not forget that conservatives were against climate science.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

DoubtingThomas wrote:But it really don't matter because courts don't make the law. Courts can only stop laws.

They could always make an exception for corporations found guilty of wrongdoing via contracted payments to Essential Consultants LLC.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
subgenius wrote:After years of denying votes to Obama’s judicial picks, McConnell is now aggressively moving forward with filling those empty court seats with young, conservative, lifetime judges.

Yes McConnell is an @$$. But it really don't matter because courts don't make the law. Courts can only stop laws.

duh...oh, and they can also put people in jail.

DoubtingThomas wrote:But anyways a new study finds that"rising temperatures could reduce U.S. economic growth by up to one-third". In other words rising temperatures alone will impact the U.S. economy. I suspect that by the year 2040 the economic growth will slow down by 10%.

go hijack another thread with your hippie propaganda.

DoubtingThomas wrote:The young generations of today will not forget that conservatives were against climate science.

yeah, they actually will firget... but if they don't, remembering and doing something are 2 totally different things.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

subgenius wrote: duh...oh, and they can also put people in jail.

But higher courts rarely hear criminal cases. There is still a mass incarceration problem in the US, but I doubt it is going to get worst.

subgenius wrote: go hijack another thread with your hippie propaganda.

Research studies are hippie propaganda? LOL

subgenius wrote: yeah, they actually will firget... but if they don't, remembering and doing something are 2 totally different things.

Sure people forget a lot of things, but I doubt a significant number will forget how anti-science the conservatives were.

Oh by the way Quinnipiac 4/12 - 4/17 Cruz +3

Oops. Conservatives can enjoy a temporary victory, but sooner or later the conservative Republican party is going to die.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/politics ... index.html

And it is in your scriptures, I don't understand why Christians like you are all into politics. Your scriptures say things are going to get much worse. So what is the point of doing politics?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Trump's legacy will really be bitter.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:Trump's legacy will really be bitter.

to the Dem/Libs, yep.