The Blue Wave...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: The Blue Wave...

Post by _subgenius »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
subgenius wrote:So, are voters becoming desensitized to the Trump bashing? Are Democrats eventually going to realize that their one-trick pony approach to mid term elections may not be enough for the center ring?...or is there a longer play here?

Yes dude, but in 20 to 30 years from now the Republican party as we know it won't exists.

The same is true for the Democratic party, and I know that is a good thing in both instances.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

I believe that the Democrats are going to take back the House during the mid-term elections this November, but they won't be able to take back the Senate mostly due to the map being very unfavorable to them. There are five Incumbent Democratic Senators up for reelection from states where Trump won by double digits. I think at least two of those Democratic Senators are going to lose their reelection bids. The Democrats are only going to be able to pick up two Senate seats. GOP Senator Heller of Nevada is very likely going to lose his reelection bid since Clinton won that state. And Democratic Congresswoman Sinema is likely going to win Arizona's open Senate seat. Arizona is turning purple here. Trump won Arizona by a lesser margin than he did Georgia and Ohio.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Brackite wrote:I believe that the Democrats are going to take back the House during the mid-term elections this November, but they won't be able to take back the Senate mostly due to the map being very unfavorable to them.....

what?
I mean I agree about the senate but for a different reason... the 9 vulnerable Republican seats vs the 26 vulnerable democratic seats.
Add for the house, I don't see the Democrats flipping a net of 23 seats... not with how democratic incumbents are polling in narrow margins against Republicans.

but hey, we still got all summer for the Democrats to shoot themselves in the foot.... maybe they'll try to repeal something, because promises to repeal....
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent