L Ron Hubbard is President

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

L Ron Hubbard is President

Post by _Some Schmo »

I finally watched Going Clear which got me into watching Leah Remini's A&E show on Scientology (highly recommended) and it strikes me how similar Hubbard was to Drumpf. Both have been described as malignant narcissists. Both surrounded themselves with sycophants and avoided detractors. Both have a BS answer for every criticism thrown their way. Both expect different treatment than they dispense.

But what I find most fascinating about the similarities is their respective fans. Scientology is what you'd get if Drumpf started a religion, and the GOP is what you'd get if Hubbard was elected President. Despite obvious corruption (and I mean slap-you-in-the-face obvious), the fans love and make excuses for them. Listening to a Drumpf fan gush about President is like listening to Tom Cruise laughing maniacally about a world where "suppressive people" are something you only read about in history books.

It is utter hypocrisy for anyone calling themselves a moral person to support the current President. Evangelicals are a damned embarrassment. Scientologists, on the other hand? Supporting Drumpf isn't hypocritical at all. They already worship a demented lunatic.

By the way, I have to admit: after watching all this stuff on Scientology, the LDS church doesn't seem so bad any more. It's like Scientology Harm Lite.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.