Melania Trump to help Social Media

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Melania Trump to help Social Media

Post by _moksha »

Melania Trump's social media initiative to curb cyber-bullying could be very helpful.

Here are some very good suggestions so far by Jennifer Rubin:

• Don’t tweet at strange hours early in the morning or late at night.
• Never incite violence.
• Always proofread your tweets.
• Have someone else read your tweets if you are unsure if they are appropriate.
• Never use social media to insult people.
• Never mock people with disabilities.
• Never diminish others to make yourself look bigger.
• Praise others and avoid bragging
• Always tell the truth.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Melania Trump to help Social Media

Post by _MeDotOrg »

My understanding is that Mrs. Trump is not unaware of the apparent contradictions of going after cyber bullies while her husband is President. She wants to do this anyway. As much as I can have sympathy for anyone who looked at Donald Trump and said 'I do', I have sympathy for Melania. I think in her own way she is trying to do the right thing.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

That is a good list by Jennifer Rubin. We all know that Trump doesn't take anyone's advice, including his own attorneys.

Melania is a class act. She married beneath herself, but then she married for money. And Trump married her for a trophy wife. So they both got what they bargained for.

I feel sorry for her too because of her louse of a husband. He really doesn't deserve her.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:My understanding is that Mrs. Trump is not unaware of the apparent contradictions of going after cyber bullies while her husband is President. She wants to do this anyway. As much as I can have sympathy for anyone who looked at Donald Trump and said 'I do', I have sympathy for Melania. I think in her own way she is trying to do the right thing.

I don't have sympathy for her. I am growing in respect for her. She is an independent person in her own right who is forwarding a cause that she believes is important to increase the well being of children and she has the public platform to do it. And just remember, every time she offers criticism or states a principle for appropriate behavior...

she's doing it right in buddy boy's face.

This isn't a stupid or weak woman you're looking at. She's stating her own concerns, her own principles and values. She has not done so much as one thing out of line since her husband became President. She has not sought the spotlight and she has been grace personified.

In his face.

She's getting her point across without openly and directly criticizing her husband.

I like her!
:-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

AmyJo wrote:So they both got what they bargained for.

Possibly, but it seems like Melania is a fairly religious woman and I am uncertain how Donald's marital infidelities are sitting with her - however, she has put up with them for years so perhaps the tradeoff for money was her Faustian bargain.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I don't feel sorry for or respect Melania. If she wanted to impress me, she would divorce the President and set the example that even though we may feel stuck with this guy, there's something we can do about it.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

by the way, is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling Melania came up with "Be Best" and nobody in her circle said to her, "You know, really, we should call it 'Be THE Best' because otherwise the program is going to sound like something coming from someone for whom English is a second language."
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Some Schmo wrote:by the way, is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling Melania came up with "Be Best" and nobody in her circle said to her, "You know, really, we should call it 'Be THE Best' because otherwise the program is going to sound like something coming from someone for whom English is a second language."

your post makes it seem like English must be your second language if you honestly do not know the grammatical difference between "be best" and "be the best".
(see also "be good" vs be "the good")
but thanks for making clear your immigrant/esol bigotry.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent