Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen to take the 5th

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen to take the 5th

Post by _MeDotOrg »

The President's personal lawyer will be taking the 5th Amendment if asked to testify in the Stormy Daniels case.

New York Times wrote:Mr. Cohen cited the Manhattan investigation in his filing on Wednesday, saying that, if called as a witness in Ms. Clifford’s lawsuit, “I will assert my 5th Amendment rights in connection with all proceedings in this case due to the ongoing criminal investigation by the F.B.I. and U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.”
====
Citing the Fifth Amendment in the Clifford case allows Mr. Cohen to avoid being deposed and revealing sensitive information in the more important criminal investigation. That investigation — which prosecutors say has been going on for months — became public in dramatic fashion on April 9, when agents from the New York office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided Mr. Cohen’s office, apartment and a room at the Loews Regency Hotel he had been using. The inquiry is said to be focusing on hush-money payments that Mr. Cohen made to — or helped arrange for — Ms. Clifford and Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model who has also said she had an affair with Mr. Trump.

For days now, prosecutors from the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan have been sparring with Mr. Cohen’s lawyers — and with lawyers for Mr. Trump — for the right to review the records first, a step that will shape the contours of how the government presses its investigation into whether Mr. Cohen tried to suppress negative news coverage of the president in the run-up to the 2016 election.

So the President's bag man will take the 5th, and according to the President, he ain't no snitch neither. It's amazing to me how all of this just becomes another day at the office.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen to take the 5th

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

“The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” ~President Donald J. Trump, circa 2017.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen to take the 5th

Post by _Brackite »

Five Times Trump Has Bashed Pleading the Fifth:
https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... 0590531554
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter