The best thing about Barbara Bush is dog poop.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

The best thing about Barbara Bush is dog poop.

Post by _MeDotOrg »

I admit sometimes I enjoy writing a topic so that it looks like its going to be more incendiary than it actually is.

Yes, what I liked about Barbara Bush is dog poop, more exactly her relationship with dog poop. At 90 years old, she would walk her maltipoos to the park, with a Secret Service agent detail following behind. But she never let the Secret Service pick up the dog poop. They were her dogs, she would pick up their poop.

God bless people that don't put on airs.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: The best thing about Barbara Bush is dog poop.

Post by _Markk »

MeDotOrg wrote:I admit sometimes I enjoy writing a topic so that it looks like its going to be more incendiary than it actually is.

Yes, what I liked about Barbara Bush is dog poop, more exactly her relationship with dog poop. At 90 years old, she would walk her maltipoos to the park, with a Secret Service agent detail following behind. But she never let the Secret Service pick up the dog poop. They were her dogs, she would pick up their poop.

I heard a story on the radio, that went something like this... GW came home after drinking when GHB was vice president...and the SS told GW that his mother was waiting up for him, and GW was a smart ass to the SS agent. BB heard GW and made him go and apologize to the agent.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:I admit sometimes I enjoy writing a topic so that it looks like its going to be more incendiary than it actually is.

If she was like us, the dogs are part of the family. I imagine she was quite used to dealing with her family's crap.

Still, good story.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Markk wrote:I heard a story on the radio, that went something like this... GW came home after drinking when GHB was vice president...and the SS told GW that his mother was waiting up for him, and GW was a smart ass to the SS agent. BB heard GW and made him go and apologize to the agent.

I read some of those books where former SS agents "tell all" about working in the White House. It sounds like Reagan, the Bushes and the Obamas were all really great to work with. Bill Clinton was good, but Hillary...not so much. Joe Biden was apparently a nightmare as well (and his constant commuting back and forth to Delaware, while laudable in principle, was massively expensive and consumed huge amounts of personnel hours.)

George W and Laura Bush were especially well regarded because they would delay their Christmas travel until the day after Christmas, so the staff and SS could be in DC to be with their families.

Haven't heard anything about Trump yet, but I'm not optimistic...
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

cinepro wrote:
I read some of those books where former SS agents "tell all" about working in the White House. It sounds like Reagan, the Bushes and the Obamas were all really great to work with. Bill Clinton was good, but Hillary...not so much. Joe Biden was apparently a nightmare as well (and his constant commuting back and forth to Delaware, while laudable in principle, was massively expensive and consumed huge amounts of personnel hours.)

George W and Laura Bush were especially well regarded because they would delay their Christmas travel until the day after Christmas, so the staff and SS could be in DC to be with their families.

Haven't heard anything about Trump yet, but I'm not optimistic...

I would have thought Biden would be "good boss"... go figure.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Markk wrote:I would have thought Biden would be "good boss"... go figure.

Too bad the Secret Service could not collect frequent flyer miles because Biden took Amtrak.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace