It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Calling All Kolobians !!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 am 
God

If Kolobians are "out there," they're as likely to have already died ...

ie, extraterrestrials. So much for intelligent life in the Universe?!

"A research team under the leadership of French astronomer Claudio Grimaldi recently published a paper suggesting that any extraterrestrial civilization we discover is likely to be long dead.

This possibility may sound bizarre. After all, how could we possibly tell whether a culture is still around when it’s hundreds or thousands of light-years away? In general we can’t. And yet there are reasons why Grimaldi and his team may be right. In fact, their argument is reminiscent of one I often hear in connection with the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI).

Since any alien radio message we might receive would have been lumbering through space at the finite speed of light — and since space is big — many folks assume that the signal must have been sent “millions of years ago.” The obvious corollary is that the alien broadcasters may have long since cashed in their chips."

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/ar ... ncna864411

Post subject: Re: Calling All Kolobians !!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:31 am 
God

Maybe The Kolob Observatory is working on this very question? :lol:

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/outdo ... telescope/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm 
God

You forget that Kolob uses "In a twinkling of an eye" technology. As they say at the FAIRMormon Conference and Survivalist Expo, that is a real game-changer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 pm 
God

moksha wrote:
You forget that Kolob uses "In a twinkling of an eye" technology. As they say at the FAIRMormon Conference and Survivalist Expo, that is a real game-changer.

:lol:

Yeah, real, actual scientists (non Holy Ghost bearing non-Mormons) only have come up with electricity, Relativity, Calculus, Quantum Mechanics, which has only given us lasers, television, radio, MRI machines, modern medicine, telescopes, chemistry, genetic engineering. That Mormon "Twinkling of an eye" technology however.....WHOA baby! Very valuable useful stuff for the world's inhabitants. They ought to be more thankful than they are for such a God-send.

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:14 pm 
God

Philo Sofee wrote:
Yeah, real, actual scientists (non Holy Ghost bearing non-Mormons) only have come up with electricity, Relativity, Calculus, Quantum Mechanics, which has only given us lasers, television, radio, MRI machines, modern medicine, telescopes, chemistry, genetic engineering.

Step by step Brother Sofee. First, we need to build impulse drives before we can move on to warp technology. Right now I would settle for a matter replicator to sit next to my computer desk. I would say, "A gyro and a can of diet coke".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:29 am 
Seedy Academician

I'm a Kolobian!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm 
God

My grandfather liked "If you could hie to Kolob in the twinkling of an eye," so much he had it sung at his funeral.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 pm 
God

It seems Mormon God is within this universe's time/space and in fact lives somewhere in our very own Milky way.

It strikes me of late, listening to various creationist debates, that Mormon God is not Christianities (at least creationist Christians) God who must live outside of this universe's time/space.

An infinity of God the Father, Grand Father, Grand Grand Father gods totally breaks down at the big bang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am 
God

RockSlider wrote:
It seems Mormon God is within this universe's time/space and in fact lives somewhere in our very own Milky way.

It strikes me of late, listening to various creationist debates, that Mormon God is not Christianities (at least creationist Christians) God who must live outside of this universe's time/space.

An infinity of God the Father, Grand Father, Grand Grand Father gods totally breaks down at the big bang

And yet there is something very consistent in the 'white light' that people who experioence NDE's go through on their way to the other side and back, regardless of what religious convictions they may have held in life, if any.

I suspect that the other side isn't all that far from where we are. It's just in another dimension of parallel space and time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:54 am 
God

AmyJo,

You'll probably enjoy this Fermi Paradox video if you haven't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc

eta: TL;DR - If Elohims and Elohers are for all intents and purposes Type III Civilization gods and goddesses then evidence for their civilization would be all over the place. Planets would be talking to one another, ships would be zipping about, dyson vacuums spheres would be abundant, so on and so forth.

There's nothing. At all. Mormonism's own Plan of Salvation disproves the existence of their own god.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:13 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
AmyJo,

You'll probably enjoy this Fermi Paradox video if you haven't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc

eta: TL;DR - If Elohims and Elohers are for all intents and purposes Type III Civilization gods and goddesses then evidence for their civilization would be all over the place. Planets would be talking to one another, ships would be zipping about, dyson vacuums spheres would be abundant, so on and so forth.

There's nothing. At all. Mormonism's own Plan of Salvation disproves the existence of their own god.

- Doc

That is a good video. It has more questions than answers. But that is the ultimate paradox of which we do not know.

As for life elsewhere, the odds are favorable given the sheer number of existing planets in the cosmos it exists.

As for whether god is real, that takes faith to bridge the chasm between what is known and the unknown. I believe not solely on faith alone, but because I've had some answers to prayers that can only be explained by divine intercession. For me, God is more real than mere faith. But I still need faith to see me through this life with all its challenges. And for my family.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:23 pm 
Seedy Academician

AmyJo wrote:
My grandfather liked "If you could hie to Kolob in the twinkling of an eye," so much he had it sung at his funeral.

That's my plan for my own funeral!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
AmyJo wrote:

My grandpa was dearly loved. I was like only 14 when he died. When our family went to his funeral in a little country Mormon town in Idaho, the ward house was overflowing with relatives and people who remembered him. It was the first time I saw my dad cry, when he bent over grandpa's coffin to say his goodbye.

When I die, if I'm so fortunate to have my funeral planned in advance, I would like this song played for part of the service: It's called "Crossing the Bar," lyrics by Lord Alfred Tennyson. The musical arrangement is more recent, and so very beautiful. I heard it sung by a choir at the Chautauqua Institute one summer in an open ampitheater, with the lake nearby and a cool breeze blowing. It was heavenly. This rendition captures that mostly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdLYCk83UM

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:39 am 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
AmyJo wrote:

I'm requesting that my funeral theme song be Another One Bites the Dust.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 am 
God

So, who's got the more obviously made up words, the LDS or the Scientologists? Which is worse, Kolob or Xenu?

I think it's interesting that both Hubbard and Joseph Smith wrote their books originally to be taken seriously, and when that failed, they turned it into a religion.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:09 pm 
God

It's important to remember that when we look at light from a star that's 100,000 light-years away, we are looking at events that happened one hundred thousand years ago. How long does a civilization have to last before it can develop the technology to send signals to other civilization, wait hundreds of thousands of years for the signal to arrive at another suitably advanced civilization, and then wait hundreds of thousands of years for a response?

So it's conceivable that there are thousands of civilizations, but their existence with respect to earth is still limited by time and distance.

- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 am 
Nursery

Yes. What do you want?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:13 am 
God

MeDotOrg wrote:
It's important to remember that when we look at light from a star that's 100,000 light-years away, we are looking at events that happened one hundred thousand years ago. How long does a civilization have to last before it can develop the technology to send signals to other civilization, wait hundreds of thousands of years for the signal to arrive at another suitably advanced civilization, and then wait hundreds of thousands of years for a response?

So it's conceivable that there are thousands of civilizations, but their existence with respect to earth is still limited by time and distance.

Interesting notion, but rather limited considering this context since the notion assumes "other" civilizations would develop at the same pace as ours and that their technology would suffer the same limitations as ours.
1000 years to our civilization could be an afternoon to another's.

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:37 pm 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Which is worse, Kolob or Xenu?

Xenu. There are no reports of anyone from the Kolobian Star System making the people of Earth stand around volcanos and then using hydrogen bombs to destroy them. The Kolobians would be sorely wrought if anyone were to worship Xenu.