Live tweeting Fox and Friends

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Live tweeting Fox and Friends

Post by _EAllusion »

Trump had some absolutely wild tweets in the middle of the early morning, including saying he only obstructs justice as a matter of fighting back and offering some wild, bellicose rhetoric towards Russia followed by an olive branch.

I can't tell if it's fortunate or not, but it turns out they can, again, be explained by him livetweeting Fox and Friends segments:

https://Twitter.com/MattGertz/status/984048197533425664
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Live tweeting Fox and Friends

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

There is an interesting result of Trump not meeting with the media and controlling the narrative through his use of Twitter. I never really tuned into a President's pressers before because I've been conditioned to expect non-answers to media antagonism. Trump has my attention now. I read what he tweets. He's been able to actually rent space in my dome whereas prior Presidents haven't.

That's brilliant, and I admit that.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I read what he tweets. He's been able to actually rent space in my dome whereas prior Presidents haven't.

That's brilliant, and I admit that.

It's only brilliant if you attach intentional forethought to it.

People like to talk about how brilliant a communicator Drumpf is because he's captured people's attention. He's been able to persuade people to get them to do what he wants. That's like saying a baby is a brilliant entertainer because we enjoy watching them coo.

It's also like saying Rainman could explain to us how he's able to count toothpicks so rapidly. Drumpf is a kind of idiot savant, in that he instinctively knows what to say to get idiots to follow him. Do you think he could actually explain how he does it in any more than the most superficial ways?

I regard him as an idiot who's in enough touch with how idiots think to be able to persuade other idiots.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Well. We're talking about him right now, and he's aware enough to understand you're only relevant when you're in someone's brain. Call that what you will, but he's an extremely effective communicator along the lines of a Don King, Vince McMahon, or Steven A. Smith. Loud, bombastic, insulting, and provocative are the things that capture attention, and apparently, the kind of attention you need in order to be elected President.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Tabloid politics. What do we know about tabloids? They sell.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Well. We're talking about him right now, and he's aware enough to understand you're only relevant when you're in someone's brain.

Granted, but that doesn't indicate brilliance. A two year old understands what he/she needs to do to capture people's attention.

When a tsunami or an earthquake kills thousands, it captures our attention, and we talk about it. In what why can we describe natural disasters as brilliant?

Drumpf is another natural disaster. He doesn't deserve to be called brilliant for it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Mmm.. I stand by my statement. I think he's exceptionally clever.

- Doc

_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Trump is a game changer in American politics. Doesn't mean he's a success or failure but he is a definite disruptor. Disruption is necessary for change but change is not always adaptive. It can be the opposite.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Maksutov wrote:Trump is a game changer in American politics. Doesn't mean he's a success or failure but he is a definite disruptor. Disruption is necessary for change but change is not always adaptive. It can be the opposite.

Yep, he's changed the game from chess to Russian Roulette.