Imagine you can manipulate the stock market

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Imagine you can manipulate the stock market

Post by _Hawkeye »

Especially if you're an experienced investor who trades stocks for a living.

Does anyone really have any doubt that Donald Trump is intentionally making the market drop so he and his friends can buy low and then sell high as soon as he walks back his trade war?
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Imagine you can manipulate the stock market

Post by _honorentheos »

I doubt that. I think Trump is sincere, the markets hate uncertainty too much, and history has bad things to say about trade wars such that this is unlikely him and his being crazy like a fox. He is just dumb and egotistical, and other people get to pay for it. Thanks Obama.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

honorentheos wrote:I doubt that. I think Trump is sincere, the markets hate uncertainty too much, and history has bad things to say about trade wars such that this is unlikely him and his being crazy like a fox. He is just dumb and egotistical, and other people get to pay for it. Thanks Obama.

I agree somewhat, but he is in a position to manipulate the markets allowing certain people, including himself, to profit from it. We know more then enough that Trump is the kind of guy who would do that, and the kind of guy who would be aware of the opportunity. He is very dumb and crazy on many issues which makes the perfect cover to get away with market manipulation.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

If only Trump could learn from the sailboat-shaped Martians how to understand. He could be influencing the market as we speak, sending Robert Mueller into a geosynchronous orbit, constructing the Mexican border wall by shaping mesquite bushes into bricks and increasing the size of his hands and other appendages to triple their normal size.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Hawkeye wrote:Especially if you're an experienced investor who trades stocks for a living.

Does anyone really have any doubt that Donald Trump is intentionally making the market drop so he and his friends can buy low and then sell high as soon as he walks back his trade war?

Yeah, because you would know better than the SEC, right?

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

Yes, because we all know that if the SEC can catch the experienced fat cat players, you know people like Martha Stewart, then they obviously catch everyone. Even career con artists like Donald Trump. Right?
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Hawkeye wrote:Especially if you're an experienced investor who trades stocks for a living.

I really have any doubt.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Hawkeye wrote:Yes, because we all know that if the SEC can catch the experienced fat cat players, you know people like Martha Stewart, then they obviously catch everyone. Even career con artists like Donald Trump. Right?

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

So it is just a crazy coincidence that one of Trump's closest friends dumped millions in steel related stock just prior to the tariff announcement which saw those stocks plummet?

This is substupid apologetics at its finest. Sprinklers don't work because that has to be true in order to give Lord Trump a pass, and career conmen who easily manipulated the stock market, don't pay any attention to the stock market because, it is easier to just be stupid and talk about burning hair.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Hawkeye wrote:So it is just a crazy coincidence that one of Trump's closest friends dumped millions in steel related stock just prior to the tariff announcement which saw those stocks plummet?

This is substupid apologetics at its finest. Sprinklers don't work because that has to be true in order to give Lord Trump a pass, and career conmen who easily manipulated the stock market, don't pay any attention to the stock market because, it is easier to just be stupid and talk about burning hair.
[/quote]