The Good News Is...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_grindael
_Emeritus

The Good News Is...

Post by _grindael »

The good news for Democrats is that when they do get another President from their party, the Republicans won't be in any position to complain about anything.... they will be able to do anything...

Have lots of affairs ... and Republicans object on moral, family value grounds? :lol:
Executive orders dismantling anything any Republican ever did ... and Republicans object that he is trying to be some kind of "king" :lol:
Lie about anything and everything constantly... :lol:
Change their mind constantly and say one thing and do another and Republicans complain they are flip-floppers? :lol:
Blame everything on the previous Republican president? :lol:
Endorse any candidate no matter how sleazy, crooked and perverted they are and then if they lose claim you never did... and if they win... :lol:
Go wild with nepotism... :lol:
Appoint any moron they see on TV to cabinet posts... :lol:
Take credit for anything good that happens no matter what it is as soon as they are in office :lol:
Let lobbyists clearly dictate policy and have them come to the White House to work it out... :lol:
Call anyone they want names and denigrate them in public :lol:
Take as many vacation days as they want :lol:
Endorse whatever news media treats you the best :lol:
Appoint stupid judges that know nothing about what they would be doing :lol:
Meddle in any branch of the government... :lol:
Claim they are under "audit" if they don't want to show their tax returns... :lol:
Ignore any ethics rules no matter what they are... :lol:

Yup, the next Democratic President will be able to do just about anything, because the Republicans simply don't care what the President does...
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: The Good News Is...

Post by _Maksutov »

"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

grindael wrote:The good news for Democrats is that when they do get another President from their party, the Republicans won't be in any position to complain about anything.... they will be able to do anything...

But the bad news is that Dems still ignore mistakes from history and ergo become damned to repeat them...maybe not "ignore" but "forget"?

grindael wrote:Have lots of affairs ... and Republicans object on moral, family value grounds? :lol:

Yeah, because JFK and Slick Billy established such a high moral ground for Dems.

grindael wrote:Executive orders dismantling anything any Republican ever did ... and Republicans object that he is trying to be some kind of "king" :lol:

Yeah, because those never happened with Obama and Dems wouldn't dare think their base is too stupid to remember.

grindael wrote:Lie about anything and everything constantly... :lol:

Depends on what the definition of"is" is...amiright?

grindael wrote:Change their mind constantly and say one thing and do another and Republicans complain they are flip-floppers? :lol:

Because the term "flip-flop" didn't originate Democrat nominee John Kerry.

grindael wrote:Blame everything on the previous Republican president? :lol:

Because it was really Bush's fault?

grindael wrote:Endorse any candidate no matter how sleazy, crooked and perverted they are and then if they lose claim you never did... and if they win... :lol:

Anthony Weiner, Al Franken, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Debbie Wasserman, and on and on...

grindael wrote:Go wild with nepotism... :lol:

<insert mega facepalm here>

grindael wrote:Appoint any moron they see on TV to cabinet posts... :lol:

Check that donor turned NSA appointee under Obama...yeah, the one with no actual expereince.

grindael wrote:Take credit for anything good that happens no matter what it is as soon as they are in office :lol:

Darn tooting ! it's all Obama's economy...except the bad stuff of course.

grindael wrote:Let lobbyists clearly dictate policy and have them come to the White House to work it out... :lol:

Remember how it's so impossible to find out that energy, healthcare, and other lobbyists never visited Obama?

grindael wrote:Call anyone they want names and denigrate them in public :lol:

Remember that Obama Mic drop on mean tweets?

grindael wrote:Take as many vacation days as they want :lol:

wow....

grindael wrote:Endorse whatever news media treats you the best :lol:

I know, all thoseFox News appearances and interviews that Obama did.

grindael wrote:Appoint stupid judges that know nothing about what they would be doing :lol:

grindael wrote:Meddle in any branch of the government... :lol:

<insert mega facepalm here> and then go to tarmac with Bill Clinton.

grindael wrote:Claim they are under "audit" if they don't want to show their tax returns... :lol:

Obama administration actually LEAST transparent.

grindael wrote:Ignore any ethics rules no matter what they are... :lol:

grindael wrote:Yup, the next Democratic President will be able to do just about anything, because the Republicans simply don't care what the President does...

And neither do you.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

"And neither do you... blah, blah, blah..."

You don't know what I care about, moron. And of course, play the old game of trying to blame it all on the other party. :lol:

Two wrongs don't make a right. But that's something you and your fellow Republican hypocrites just can't comprehend. I love it, compromise all of your so called values because you believe that someone else did. What a joke. Thanks for the giggles, dolt.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

grindael wrote:"And neither do you... blah, blah, blah..."

You don't know what I care about, moron. And of course, play the old game of trying to blame it all on the other party. :lol:

Two wrongs don't make a right. But that's something you and your fellow Republican hypocrites just can't comprehend. I love it, compromise all of your so called values because you believe that someone else did. What a joke. Thanks for the giggles, dolt.

ya knooow...for about 2 decades the Republicans have been fairly consistent and predictable...you are not breaking ground or providing prize winning political insight here....and over these 2 decades Republicans have displaced about 1,000 elected seats away from Democrats at the National, State, and local levels. . . and that is a NET turnover in elected positions.

So, perhaps the Democratic Party physician should heal thyself.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I've been saying for a while now that any moral high ground the GOP had assumed is completely lost to them now. I was talking about this exact subject to a conservative friend of mine, and all he could do was look at me and shrug.

I love telling people I've boycotted the GOP, especially people campaigning as Republicans locally. They ask why and immediately regret the question. They don't seem to like hearing that I believe the true GOP platform to consist of bad faith arguments and hypocrisy. They screamed bloody murder over a blowjob in the White House, but can't get any angst up over multiple allegations of sexual harassment and extra-marital affairs simply because the President is GOP. Why would I vote with/for people like that?

Besides, the GOP isn't even a conservative party, so I've lost nothing.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

subgenius wrote:ya knooow...for about 2 decades the Republicans have been fairly consistent and predictable...you are not breaking ground or providing prize winning political insight here....and over these 2 decades Republicans have displaced about 1,000 elected seats away from Democrats at the National, State, and local levels. . . and that is a NET turnover in elected positions.

And you poo-poo everything I say, but still it was important enough for you to bother and make your inane and clueless comments. God, the hypocrisy is simply breathtaking. But you knew that, didn't you? And you still can't get away from the fact that you need to justify your Republican Party's lack of any scruples and morals by claiming they are only doing what the Democrats are doing. Yeah, now that's a ringing endorsement right there. Keep talking, you only make yourself look more and more stupid.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

And oh yes, with every single comment I make, I'm thinking now that's prize winning new ground I'm breaking... :rolleyes:

Like this classic,

Now that's just so original and groundbreaking. You get the booby prize for that one...

_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

grindael wrote:
subgenius wrote:ya knooow...for about 2 decades the Republicans have been fairly consistent and predictable...you are not breaking ground or providing prize winning political insight here....and over these 2 decades Republicans have displaced about 1,000 elected seats away from Democrats at the National, State, and local levels....and that is a NET turnover in elected positions.

And you poo-poo everything I say, but still it was important enough for you to bother and make your inane and clueless comments. God, the hypocrisy is simply breathtaking. But you knew that, didn't you? And you still can't get away from the fact that you need to justify your Republican Party's lack of any scruples and morals by claiming they are only doing what the Democrats are doing. Yeah, now that's a ringing endorsement right there. Keep talking, you only make yourself look more and more stupid.

your post is dense. I'm not justifying anything, I'm pointing out the ignorance in your own declaration. Your expectation of morality and scruples being somehow relevant to the American political arena is terribly naïve and, honestly, unjustified by history. I go to church, family, and friends for morality not the polls.