4 Star General: Trump 'Serious Threat' to US security

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

4 Star General: Trump 'Serious Threat' to US security

Post by _MeDotOrg »

From CBS

For the first time, a high-ranking and decorated member of America’s military has come out swinging against President Donald Trump.

Retired four-star Gen. Barry McCaffrey tweeted Friday that the president was a threat to national security.

Actually, he tweeted that the president was “a serious threat” to national security.

Barry R McCaffrey
@mccaffreyr3
Reluctantly I have concluded that President Trump is a serious threat to US national security. He is refusing to protect vital US interests from active Russian attacks. It is apparent that he is for some unknown reason under the sway of Mr Putin.

McCaffrey, 75, is a highly decorated soldier who has been awarded two Silver Stars, three Purple Hearts and two Distinguished Service Crosses. He served in Vietnam. The president avoided service in the war due to bone spurs.

The retired general known for his no-nonsense approach wrote that president Trump seemed to be under Russian President Vladimir Putin’s sway “for some unknown reason.”

The retired general is a contributor to NBC News and reiterated his claims about Trump and Putin coziness on MSNBC Friday evening.

Lawrence O’Donnell asked McCaffrey about what led him to write the tweet.

“I’ve been fairly critical of the president for a variety of reasons,” he said, “but it was his not wanting to stand with the British over intelligence about those murders carried out by the Russians,”
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: 4 Star General: Trump 'Serious Threat' to US security

Post by _Themis »

I've been saying for a while that Trump is the biggest threat to the US followed by the Russians. I don't have a lot of the facts available, but what is available can easily be used to see what fits, and Trump in bed with the Russians fits like a glove. I would be willing to bet money that the Russians have something on Trump to give them a certain amount of influence over him. People should wake up when you have some prominent conservatives telling them these kinds of things, although it has been obvious to a lot of people.