Homless Video

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Homless Video

Post by _Markk »

ajax18 wrote:
That makes no sense at all, and is dumb. Your stating there are programs that will solve the problems, and then state what they are; when in fact they exist here, and even why they exist, homelessness has grown 75% or more in the last few years. This means they don't work here.

It is interesting how social welfare seems to attract and create more poverty rather than to ameliorate it. California has been a laboratory of liberalism for half a century. And we're seeing the results.

I think a better term might be a laboratory of selfishness and hypocrisy...they preach liberalism, but live conservative. May be the next video should be Bel Air or the Hollywood Hills.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I think a better term might be a laboratory of selfishness and hypocrisy...they preach liberalism, but live conservative. May be the next video should be Bel Air or the Hollywood Hills.

Imagine doing an eye exam on these people. You have to get right up close to them. I usually put an alcohol or essential oil on my upper lip to fight the stink.

Then when you get close they just blow their halitosis breath and rotten teeth into your face.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Markk wrote:
You are not attacking me, you are digging the hole you are in, deeper.

Where am I being a hypocrite?
How many psychotropic med admin protocols have you written, trained, and overseen? How many people have you trained to write psychotropic med admin protocols, train others, and oversee them?

You spent a variety of posts emphasizing the inadequacy of other people's judgment due to lack of real world experience when it came to your belief that one must have physically visited Southern California to qualify as having an informed opinion on immigration effects on wage growth. You wrote many posts that were variations of insulting people using this "real world" logic. You mocked posters (and economists) for not having direct, hands-on experience that you do by virtue of living in Southern California. Then, on a separate discussion of best practice for people with pervasive mental illness struggling to maintain shelter, a subject which you have no actual real-world experience, you aggressively attack comments I made about the mere existence of successful examples of help for some otherwise homeless people. You did this even though, unlike you, I have significant real-world experience in the subject. I'm consulted for my professional knowledge, in fact. I find this to be hypocritical. There an additional layer here that your real-world argument in the former case is quite poorly thought out, but in the latter case would actually be relevant. Apparently having real-world experience only matters if it is convenient for you.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

The time where you cross the border between Mexico and the US and can't really tell the difference is getting closer. DJT did push it back a bit, but it's still inevitable.

The illegal immigration from Mexico has significantly decreased about 8 to 9 years before DJT became President. The economic conditions in Mexico have improved a bit over the last 10 to 15 years.

A lot of poor people have moved to California from other parts of the country mainly due to California spending quite a bit of money for the poor along with the mild weather there. I did mention in a recent previous post on how California's Proposition 63 has helped some of the mentally ill poor there. There is still a pretty big problem with homelessness in California, but I don't really know what else can be done about it.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

EAllusion wrote:
Markk wrote:
You are not attacking me, you are digging the hole you are in, deeper.

Where am I being a hypocrite?
How many psychotropic med admin protocols have you written, trained, and overseen? How many people have you trained to write psychotropic med admin protocols, train others, and oversee them?

You spent a variety of posts emphasizing the inadequacy of other people's judgment due to lack of real world experience when it came to your belief that one must have physically visited Southern California to qualify as having an informed opinion on immigration effects on wage growth. You wrote many posts that were variations of insulting people using this "real world" logic. You mocked posters (and economists) for not having direct, hands-on experience that you do by virtue of living in Southern California. Then, on a separate discussion of best practice for people with pervasive mental illness struggling to maintain shelter, a subject which you have no actual real-world experience, you aggressively attack comments I made about the mere existence of successful examples of help for some otherwise homeless people. You did this even though, unlike you, I have significant real-world experience in the subject. I'm consulted for my professional knowledge, in fact. I find this to be hypocritical. There an additional layer here that your real-world argument in the former case is quite poorly thought out, but in the latter case would actually be relevant. Apparently having real-world experience only matters if it is convenient for you.

How is that hypocritical? Because you have been consulted for your professional knowledge, that makes me a hypocrite?

All you do is bloviate, as if you know what you are talking about, then change the premise when you discover your foot is in your mouth, just like you did here by redefining what a hypocrite is.

I never said one thing and did another, except for hiring illegals to do house work while bitching about them being here, and I stated that was hypocritical.

What you just wrote about is called disagreeing. Which I still disagree with. You cannot possibly understand what is happening here unless you visit here. Doc blew you away on that.

In fact, you are the hypocrite in this, in that you say that ones real life experience is not really valid, all the while saying your experience somehow qualifies you to understand what I am experiencing...even though you deny experience is necessary to understand things you have not actually experienced. :lol:

You are nothing more than a cross between a plaster saint and Cliff Clavin.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Brackite wrote:
The time where you cross the border between Mexico and the US and can't really tell the difference is getting closer. DJT did push it back a bit, but it's still inevitable.

The illegal immigration from Mexico has significantly decreased about 8 to 9 years before DJT became President. The economic conditions in Mexico have improved a bit over the last 10 to 15 years.

A lot of poor people have moved to California from other parts of the country mainly due to California spending quite a bit of money for the poor along with the mild weather there. I did mention in a recent previous post on how California's Proposition 63 has helped some of the mentally ill poor there. There is still a pretty big problem with homelessness in California, but I don't really know what else can be done about it.

Homelessness is growing, at a crazy rate...LA is not alone..the IE and OC are getting out of hand also. San Diego has always had a high homeless rate, but they are getting smart and offering one way bus tickets out to homeless folks.

Another problem is that Brown is just letting people out of prison in that he was getting sued for overcrowding...and these folks are on the streets. Then we have other stupid laws like ...Under current California law, the following crimes are not classified as "violent:"

Rape of an unconscious person
Child trafficking
Assault with a deadly weapon
Domestic violence
Child abuse

Then we have problems like this...

The LA County Board of Supervisors have approved the funding of security guards to be present at all county toilets in place at 'high-need' homeless encampments for six months.

Supervisor Hilda Solis is a proponent of these homeless toilets:

“Unfortunately, those experiencing homelessness have been disproportionately impacted by the Hepatitis A outbreak,” Solis said. “However, the county is responding quickly to combat this outbreak. Having an area to wash your hands is a human rights issue, and today we are expanding our ability to ensure that our at-risk communities have access to this basic human need in a safe environment.”

Toilets are set to go up in four locations: West Carson, Whittier Narrows Park in El Monte, along the LA River near the 105 freeway, and in the Antelope Valley community of East Pearblossom.

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/jo ... squatters/

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/201 ... -homeless/

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/jo ... residents/

I am with you, I am not sure what we can do.