Russia Likely Did Swing Votes For Donald Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Russia Likely Did Swing Votes For Donald Trump

Post by _Markk »

schreech wrote:
Omg. This has to be one of the most ignorant things I’ve read on this site. That’s impressive. Yes, nothing else has changed in the last 60 years other than immigration. The only possible factor you can see in your imaginary decrease in wages and buying power is the number of immigrants coming to the US. Dude. You are so out of touch with reality you have left us with no place to actually start trying to get cola in our wrong you are. At this point you are just saying things hoping people will start ignoring you yea?

So you are saying wages have gone up?
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_schreech
_Emeritus

Post by _schreech »

Markk wrote:
schreech wrote:
Omg. This has to be one of the most ignorant things I’ve read on this site. That’s impressive. Yes, nothing else has changed in the last 60 years other than immigration. The only possible factor you can see in your imaginary decrease in wages and buying power is the number of immigrants coming to the US. Dude. You are so out of touch with reality you have left us with no place to actually start trying to get cola in our wrong you are. At this point you are just saying things hoping people will start ignoring you yea?

So you are saying wages have gone up?

So are you saying that rocking chair invasions are potato gun dependent? My question has as much relevance to my post as yours does.

I seriously feel like I’m trying to communicate with someone of limited mental capacities. Your ability to completely miss the point while also not making a coherent point of your own is staggering.
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

schreech wrote:
So are you saying that rocking chair invasions are potato gun dependent? My question has as much relevance to my post as yours does.

I seriously feel like I’m trying to communicate with someone of limited mental capacities. Your ability to completely miss the point while also not making a coherent point of your own is staggering.

I am sure with all you knowledge you have read and understand all these studies, so break it down for me... have wages gone up or down?
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Markk wrote:... have wages gone up or down?

Markk, I asked earlier about your thoughts on how the wage trend line has been affected by outsourcing, but you might be avoiding an answer. Given that references you've used date back to well before the most significant portion of the 'illegal influx', what percentage or scope of the problem can be attributed to outsourcing?

And, what proportion of perceived wage erosion could be attributed to the decline of unions? What was the cause of that factor?
_schreech
_Emeritus

Post by _schreech »

Markk wrote:
schreech wrote:

I am sure with all you knowledge you have read and understand all these studies, so break it down for me... have wages gone up or down?

Break what down for you? You havent even demonstrated a remedial knowledge of economics, statistics, wages (do you even understand the difference between "wages" and "buying power"), finance, basic math and/or anything that has happened in the last 60 years that may have affected how people are paid and why they live where they live. I don't even know where to start as you don't even seem to have the basic foundation needed to understand why you are wrong.

You seem to think that a 30 year old carpenter in 2018 should have more buying power than a 30 year old carpenter in the 60s. On top of that, construction seems to be the only industry you have any "experience" with and you only seem to be familiar with the socal construction industry which is notoriously fickle and erratic. Again, and for the like the 4th time, where else have you lived and worked that would lead us to believe that you have any kind of "real world" experience of note.

Your very limited experience means jack-shit and you have already demonstrated that are impervious to learning anything new that doesn't fit into your biased world view in which you have chosen to blame immigrants for the problems in your life. You don't seem to understand the difference between "wages" and "real wages" and you havent demonstrated why you think either should be going up. Why do you think the middle class in 2018 should have more buying power than the middle class in the 60s? How have wages and job types changed in the last 60 years and how has reporting and analysis of wages changed or not changed to accommodate contractors/owners/revenue sharing/new types of benefits/different types of working conditions and situations/etc.? How has automation and unskilled labor affected certain industries? How does the quality of life of the low income wage earners in 2018 compare to low income wage earners in the 60s? Its like nothing has gotten better for you in the last 40 years and the only thing you seem to be able to correlate your lack of progress with is immigration...

Irvine california, just 40 minutes south of LA, has a housing shortage with a median home price of somewhere around 700-800k. The population of Irvine has doubled in the last 10 years primarily due to an influx of immigrants and the average salaries are much higher than the national average so, by your shallow logic, immigration must be good overall right? OR, is it possible that your superficial and very limited "real world experience" doesn't really paint a particularly detailed picture of the effects that immigrants have on our economy, wages, cost of living, quality of life, etc.
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

So. Swinging the conversation back to the context of the OP, I think we need to start isolating Russia. They're basically a mafia running a country and their actions abroad have been nothing less than counter to the world order. The bottom line is countries need to start isolating Putin's regime until they either get on board with political conventions other first-world countries have in place, or they need to go.

How do we do that?

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/commen ... ?context=3

Whomever the next President is needs to do far more than expel diplomats in retaliation for Russia's brazen and destructive attacks on our democracy, the very thing that underpins our national identity. And that retaliation needs to be severe:

- Dramatically expand the sanctions regime, including sanctions on any third-party entities that do business with Russian banks or energy companies, culminating over time in a total prohibition on all trade.

- Greatly expand NATO, by inviting Ukraine, Georgia, Sweden, Finland, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Macedonia.

- Boot the Russian Federation from any and all remaining trade groups, including the G20 and the World Trade Organization.

- Directly fund anti-Putin opposition groups inside and outside of Russia.

- Direct the U.S. Military to hack the professional and private communications of Putin staffers and Russian oligarchs.

- Leak any and all damaging U.S. Intel information on Putin and his close associates at politically opportune moments.

- Bombard Russian internet and airwaves with non-stop 24-hour propaganda/disinformation. Support Putin's opponents on every flank, but especially those with real popularity like Alexei Navalny.

- Expand and reorganize the Voice of America to directly attack Russian policy and politicians, thus mirroring RT and Sputnik's role in the United States.

- Reinitiate an ambitious missile defense initiative on par with Reagan's Strategic Defensive Initiative, which has become mostly plausible with modern technology, to outweigh any Russian nuclear leverage.

- Threaten to restructure/dissolve the United Nations Security Council to remove Russia and replace it with Germany. Raise this desire with the other members of the UNSC including China, and offer them real incentives, to demonstrate to Russia that this push is real and not symbolic.

...As a start.

inb4 Russian trølls - "why you wanting war? You cannot to do anything to Putin because then he use his nuke right away. Mutual Assure detruct no longer exist, and Putin willing to suicide if you make him mad. You wanting nuke war fellow liberal? Please to be nice to Russia insted, is best for peace."

I'm ok with this. Those guys are out of control and we need to dominate the geopolitical landscape or it's just going to get crazier.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.