School Survivor Lies about CNN "script" - runs to FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

School Survivor Lies about CNN "script" - runs to FOX

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Unbelievable really. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Parkland shooting survivor's family shops doctored emails with CNN to media outlets

Paraphrasing here, but basically the kid agreed with CNN what question he would be asked and then his dad wanted to change things so his son could go on a long rant. CNN emailed back saying let's just stick to the script we agreed upon and the family deletes the part that says "we agreed upon" and then runs over to FOX news to push this bogus theory that CNN is forcing kids to read a script serving a Liberal agenda. CNN released the email exchange proving this family was lying in order to politicize this tragedy. How horrible for this kid to have to go back to school after what his idiot parents just tried to pull.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: School Survivor Lies about CNN "script" - runs to FOX

Post by _Kevin Graham »

This was news yesterday that got overlooked, but even after CNN is vindicated by the emails there doesn't appear to be any kind of correction or retraction on the part of FOX and the rest of the Right Wing propaganda machine:

The Daily Caller: Tucker Can’t Believe It — CNN ‘Questioning The Integrity Of A Survivor Because It Suits Them’

FOX News: Student Claims CNN Rewrote Town Hall Question, Told Him to 'Stick to the Script'

Brietbart: CNN’s Drew Griffin: School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab Is Lying

Brietbart doesn't even mention the fact that CNN released emails vindicating them. They just attack CNN for accusing a "hero" for being a liar and then go off the rails about how FOX is the #1 network, etc.

What a effing joke.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'm not surprised. Nothing is sacred to some folks, not even their kid exploited on camera. I swear.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

If I want to descend into a spiral of despair, I will spend time considering what Fox News has done to this country.

Doesn't it tell folks anything that these people feel the need to deceive to sell their ideology? Or is that just SOP now for the right? How many times does the network need to be discredited before people will accept they've been listening to BS this whole time? Or do they know, deep down inside, it's all BS, but it gets them what they want, so whatever it takes? And if their politicians accept those false narratives promoted by Fox and play dirty, that's the price for gaining "conservatism." At least some of us might get a tax cut.

It's often baffling to me that the GOP has a base.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.