Worst Roommate Ever

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Worst Roommate Ever

Post by _MsJack »

This is a long read, but well worth it:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... -ever.html

TL;DR: 60-yo serial squatter tricks people into making hasty roommate agreements (always has a sob story to secure quick move-in), then turns into nightmare roommate from hell.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Worst Roommate Ever

Post by _EAllusion »

I read this prior to this thread. I gotta say, your last sentence is a spoiler. It's not clear that's the direction it's going to go in at first.

It's a great piece that genre blends true-crime and pure nightmare fuel.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Deleted the last sentence.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Jesus. When does the movie come out? If only Robert DeNiro were young enough to reprise his role in Cape Fear.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Great googely-moogely, what a read. Thank you for sharing this.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski