Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

Post by _Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:There are conservatives who are people of principle, reason, and moderation. Unfortunately they are being overwhelmed by Trumpisn.

I know you are right about there being conservatives who are people of principle, reason and moderation, but it seems to me that they were declining in number even before Trumpism, thus helping to make possible Trump's election. In any case, I don't think there can be any serious doubt that Trumpism will prove to have a long lasting derogatory effect on the respectability and credibility of Conservatism in general and the GOP in particular.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gunnar wrote:I know you are right about there being conservatives who are people of principle, reason and moderation, but it seems to me that they were declining in number even before Trumpism, thus helping to make possible Trump's election. In any case, I don't think there can be any serious doubt that Trumpism will prove to have a long lasting derogatory effect on the respectability and credibility of Conservatism in general and the GOP in particular.

The cultural decline has been long in coming, and frankly it has been exacerbated by people all across the political spectrum.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:The cultural decline has been long in coming, and frankly it has been exacerbated by people all across the political spectrum.

I can't argue about that! :sad:
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison