Trump banning bump stocks?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Trump banning bump stocks?

Post by _Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I'm just passingly familiar with weapons. I've only fired with regularity in the military the M1911, Glock22 .40, M16A2, M4, M60, M249, and Barrett 50 cal. I've owned and fired a Ruger 9mm, Springfield XD .40, Kel-Tec 9mm, and an air rifle .122.

I've never enjoyed firing weapons, To be honest. I've been shot with air pellets, sim rounds with regularity while assigned to USASOC, and have had live rounds fired at me. Let me tell you something. It's extremely sobering when you think you're good to go when maneuvering and a sim round hits you in the mouth. Not only is it painful, but you realize just how quick life is over when a bullet strikes your body.

I don't advocate disarming people because I'm a pussy. I advocate disarming people because I know just how effective guns, rifles, and weapons are at killing people.

- Doc

Then I believe whether you agree or not with my point about the bump stock and a semi, you understand it, and would think it is a valid point.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Morley wrote:
Markk wrote:
LOL... I 1000% agree, there are a lot of ignorant people on both sides of the issue, and I certainly do not claim to be an expert. And I am sure Doc knows his guns, that is good.

Aside from the gun, what are some of the underlying issues can we discuss and/or take to help these kinds of things from happening?

Where do you stand on arming teachers? Are we safer if teachers are packing?

Not most of the teachers I had...I had a gym coach that used to beat the crap out of me with a paddle, once for having black socks instead or white socks at PE...and I would hate to see him with a gun.

But joking aside no, I do not think that is a viable option...at all. I am sure there are teachers that could handle the responsibility, but to be it would be like arming prison guards in general population. It would just be a matter of time before a kid got a hold of it and there was a accident, or "bad" kid like the Kruz kid got a hold of one.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Kevin Graham wrote:
What, FOX News didn't mention any of this?

I wanted to read the article Kevin.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:Then I believe whether you agree or not with my point about the bump stock and a semi, you understand it, and would think it is a valid point.

I don't really have an opinion on the bump stock issue. To me it's a red herring to the overall issue. What I will say if you're firing into a crowd you want an automatic weapon, not a sniper rifle. Putting as many rounds on target as possible is the point.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Markk wrote:Because it is really no reliable Themis...this would be debated and never settled. A semi auto is a devastating weapon and far more dependable and far more accurate.

It's not rocket science Markk. The bump stock is designed to make a semi auto fire much faster. By definition it is more devastating in situations where good aiming is not needed.