Following the (NRA) money

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Following the (NRA) money

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Feel free to join my hunt. If you have links to better resources, please put them on this thread.

Here's my currently updated contribution to hunting down NRA dollars in the hands of our elected representatives.

Have your representatives in Congress received donations from the NRA?

Since 1998, the National Rifle Association has donated at least $4.1 million to current members of Congress. Explore below to see how much money has been donated to members of Congress in your state.

By Aaron Williams
Updated Feb. 15, 2018

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 0fd51686b7
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Following the (NRA) money

Post by _MeDotOrg »

If we are ever able to have some rational gun control laws in this country, there has to be an organized push back against the NRA. Politicians keep tweeting 'Thoughts and Prayers' while taking tens of thousands or literally millions of dollars over the course of their careers.

I wonder if there is a way for National Teacher Associations, Police Associations, Hospitals, Doctors and Mental Health Professionals to get together and say unless you vote for gun control, you are going to pay a heavy political price. Obviously some people will be able to survive on the local level, but I think a price can be paid on the State and National level.

Meanwhile, an investigation to determine whether the NRA took money from pro-Trump Russians during the campaign is ongoing.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Following the (NRA) money

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:If we are ever able to have some rational gun control laws in this country, there has to be an organized push back against the NRA.

My point exactly in offering up the above link. What I see after the Florida shooting is something I've never seen on a fairly large scale and that is public outrage. The parent survivors of those who were killed aren't wimpering in a corner, they're lashing out at the administration and the NRA, and now students are planning walk outs.

Like I said in a Terrestrial post the other day, now is a good time for a march on D.C.

Some of our politicians have sold out the souls of this country's children for a price. They've allowed the NRA to put a dollar figure on the heads of our children.

Listen, where I am posting right this second, I can reach across the table and put my hands on a Freedom magazine. I have family members who are members of the NRA and I support their right to maintain membership and be responsible weapons owners.

But enough is enough. This country has got to do something to cut off or compromise the flow of NRA dollars into the accounts of our elected reps. Trump allegedly received millions in campaign funds from the NRA. I say alledgely because I haven't tried to come up with a reputable source just yet for that claim.

If he's so all over keeping his campaign promises, he needs to remember that he promised to make the country safe again and stop flapping his gums while kissing NRA ass at the same time.

We need gun control reform and improvements for addressing mental health care and we need it now. We need to stop taking away funding from Medicaid for folks who need access to mental health care and if you ask me, we need to start being our brother's keeper with regard to mental health.

We also need to hold the FBI and local authorities accountable in Florida who dropped the ball on the Florida shooter.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb