LDS Teenager Murdered at her High School in Parkland

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: LDS Teenager Murdered at her High School in Parkland

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

If we're hoping people on the Right are going to come to their senses...

It ain't gonna happen.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Did you guys see any of the President listening session with victims? I only watch a short bit of it. Also the school walk out...I'd like to see that happen all over the US. And the march on D.C. in next month.

Something is really different this time, it's hard to say why, but as I implied previously, the victims and families aren't sitting in a corner wounded, they're pissed as hell and coming out fighting.

Let's hope this is the rippling effect that this country is so desperately in need of.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

The NRA is no longer silent Gad.

Check out this lovely video:

https://Twitter.com/NRATV/status/966534627522301952
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

That NRA video is almost perfect in how it uses the language of mass shootings being staged events without actually saying that.

It's a cousin of their leftist "violence of lies" need to be met with the "fist of truth" videos in terms of dog-whistling unbelievably irresponsible subtext while also arguing something appalling in the text. I guess just talking about the media contagion effect and how to encourage responsible coverage doesn't get the ldsfaqs' of the world foaming at the mouth enough.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

EAllusion wrote:The NRA is no longer silent Gad.

Check out this lovely video:

https://Twitter.com/NRATV/status/966534627522301952

Yeah, and my prediction was proven wrong in every way. I expected the part about the left destroying our freedoms but I didn't expect they'd dig in their heels and seriously recommend arming teachers and armed fortifications and "good guy with a gun" etc. It's unbelievable, I mean, I can believe it but I honestly didn't think they'd really go there.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Clearly they’ve abandoned all pretense of sanity.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist