Thoughts.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Thoughts.

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Sat here with a baby wriggling beside me. A toddler sticking magnets to the fire place and the livingroom looks post apocalyptic. And the mess was all created today. Blahhhhhhh. Toddler appears to have shot up in the night. That explains all that eating he has been doing. I did find it strange that he kept saying he was hungry. He is a fussy eater. The little guy is getting new glasses tomorrow. I didn't expect that. Should be interesting. Another thing for me to be responsible for and to battle him to wear regularly.

Baby is crying and toddler wants the phone. I am off.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Thoughts.

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Glasses for young children are usually the kind with a flexible strap around the back so they stay on.

Make him a super hero cape* to go with them.

:wink:

*It could be as easy as a square silky scarf or bath towel tied around his shoulders.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Glasses for young children are usually the kind with a flexible strap around the back so they stay on.

Make him a super hero cape* to go with them.

:wink:

*It could be as easy as a square silky scarf or bath towel tied around his shoulders.

He has one ordered with a strap and a normal pair that he said are his favourite. Cape is a good idea. His daddy wears glasses so that might help.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Sat here with a baby wriggling beside me. A toddler sticking magnets to the fire place and the livingroom looks post apocalyptic. And the mess was all created today. Blahhhhhhh. Toddler appears to have shot up in the night. That explains all that eating he has been doing. I did find it strange that he kept saying he was hungry. He is a fussy eater. The little guy is getting new glasses tomorrow. I didn't expect that. Should be interesting. Another thing for me to be responsible for and to battle him to wear regularly.

Baby is crying and toddler wants the phone. I am off.

This may be a perfect song for you today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzSYyjNb74
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Here's a book to go with the video. :smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Minutes-Pea ... utes+peace

p.s. Make Daddy a cape, too. They can jump off the sofa together. :wink:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Little man looks adorable in his new glasses. He's not quite sure though.
I'm feeling a strong urge to go on holiday. But that would mean getting kids and husband a new passport and mine is in my maiden name so I don't even know if I could use that. Isn't maiden a strange word? Like a little house maid.

Valentine's Day has been depressing. Seeing people share the love and photos of their gifts and cuteness on Facebook made me a little glum. We agreed to do a picnic tomorrow which I'm sure will be nice but meh.

My nephew has 'come out' as gay. Which to me doesn't seem surprising. But I am surprised that his mum had no clue. And some family members are like, "oh I hope not". Apparently he has known for years. People are saying he is too young to know. I think if he thinks he knows then that's great because I'm nearly twice his age and I have no clue who I am or what I like. I thought I liked my husband but I'm not sure anymore. He seems to think I'm a bit homosexual. I find women attractive but the thought of having sex with women is gross. Although, saying that, the thought of having sex with men is gross too. So, I say, let him be who he wants to be. If he is comfortable and confident then brilliant. Don't knock him down. He is already very quiet.

I have lost myself along the way so I thought if I pop in here and write my thoughts, maybe I will find a little something of me laying around.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I'm up. In the middle of the night. And I'm feeling unwell. But I'm exhausted.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

So, my marriage has been a bit of a mess lately. My mums answer to it all is that I don't give him enough intimacy. I told him recently that I think I might be asexual. Well. He took it and ran with it til he got on my nerves. So anyway, the only way to resolve it was to be intimate and "undo" the whole asexual thing. He decided to tell me after the fact that if I were having periods he'd be worried about pregnancy. I'm like What the hell? Now I'm wide awake. Itchy all over (no idea why). A kid either side of me. They are so noisy. They both snore. Husband is sleeping in our sons bed because he is up early for work.

My mum sent me a message today that made me feel nice. She said I'm a beautiful person. It was nice to read when I don't feel like that. I feel cynical. I look at the people around me and think gosh, they are far too chipper for this world. Wait til they age. Baby is trumping and toddler is complaining in his sleep. He cries or makes sad noises in his sleep every night.

I like sleeping beside them. It allows me to sleep better without worrying that something's bad will happen to them. But the worst part is that they gravitate towards me. I end up squashed in the middle. Even the baby wriggles towards me. And she sprawls her arms out. She takes up more bed than my toddler and me put together. Good job she is so darn cute.