It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dow is currently in a freefall
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:20 pm 
Bishop

All the wealth created over the past 7 months has been effectively wiped out, and the decline began right after Trump's tax legislation was passed. Quite literally the exact opposite of what was said would happen, has happened.

As far as bragging about Obama's stock market performance, I guess you can do that if you want. The DOW was at 7,384 on March 1, 2009 after his first month in office. Eight years later it nearly tripled to 20,680 on March 1, 2017.

The market had risen over 33% in 2017 coming off of Obama's amazing recovery, but just six months of Trump policies has already knocked that down to just an 18% increase over the past 16 months. But that's what happens when you elect an economic illiterate. Don't be surprise if we see another collapse about August.

#MAGA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 pm 
God

Quote:
Stocks kicked off the week on a sour note Monday as Wall Street braced for more actions against Chinese companies by the Trump administration.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 328.09 points to close at 24,252.80, with Boeing and Intel among the biggest decliners in the index. The 30-stock index also closed below its 200-day moving average, a key technical level, for the first time since June 2016.

The Dow rebounded slightly in the final hour of trading after Peter Navarro, a top trade adviser to President Donald Trump, said on CNBC that investment restrictions against China and other countries are not immediately forthcoming and that the market was overreacting.

“He basically said ‘hey guys, it's Trump playing the ‘Art of the Deal’ with China,” said Scott Redler of T3Live.com.

The S&P 500 fell 1.4 percent to 2,717.07 — posting its worst day since April 6, when it fell 2.19 percent — as tech declined 2.3 percent. Five of the 11 S&P 500 sectors also closed in correction, or down at least 10 percent from their 52-week high. The Nasdaq composite pulled back 2.1 percent to close at 7,532.01 as Netflix dropped 6.5 percent to lead the FANGs lower.

Harley-Davidson shares fell about 6 percent after the company announced it will shift production of motorcycles headed for Europe to factories outside the U.S. The company sold nearly 40,000 bikes to the European Union, second only to the U.S.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/25/us-stoc ... stors.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 pm 
Bishop

Down -165 to 24,117.59.

Basically where we were last November.

#MAGA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:50 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
▲ 298.20 (1.21%)

With about two months from this post, the Dow is only slightly higher now from then.

Quote:
The S&P 500 slipped 0.1 percent to 2,801.83, with real estate and utilities lagging. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell just 6.38 points to 25,058.12 as losses in IBM offset gains in Microsoft. The Nasdaq Composite declined 0.1 percent to close at 7,820.20.

For the week, the S&P 500 and Nasdaq closed slightly lower while the Dow rose 0.1 percent to post its first three-week winning streak since January.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/20/us-mark ... nings.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 am 
God

DOW drops 1,000 points in last 48 hrs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:34 pm 
God

It should go down further

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5EGSPC#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%3D%3D

Click on the max tab to see it in full.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 am 
God

DOW drops over 1300 points past few days... still plummeting.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 am 
God

So basically, it's now back to where it was a year ago.

Great times for investors.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 am 
God

Chap wrote:

It is still falling... and virtually every market website is blaming it on the administration's policy with China.

Down 3% now, below 24,300 which is where it was exactly 1 year ago.

#MAGA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 am 
God

Yeah, the market hasn't been great this year. Of course, if I knew what that meant for next year, I'd be getting rich right now. I do not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:07 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
Chap wrote:

It is still falling... and virtually every market website is blaming it on the administration's policy with China.

Down 3% now, below 24,300 which is where it was exactly 1 year ago.

#MAGA

Oh, now its Trump's economy again, thanks!
#aspredicted

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:13 pm 
God

DOW is down another 600 points today.... so far... https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:29 pm 
God

One person close to the White House told the WSJ that the president is "glued" to the stock market.

Stocks took their latest downturn after the president declared himself "a Tariff Man" in a tweet Tuesday. The White House has been embroiled in a trade dispute with China, and Trump has pledged to take a hard line in negotiations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/trump-i ... -them.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:06 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
Oh, now its Trump's economy again

Well, it's certainly his stock market fall, thanks to 'Tariff Man'.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:34 pm 
God

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:
Oh, now its Trump's economy again

Well, it's certainly his stock market fall, thanks to 'Tariff Man'.

must be rough on the 1%, eh?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:14 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
<the stock market fall> must be rough on the 1%, eh?

Pretty damn rough on everybody who has tried to invest their hard-won savings in a retirement fund, which is far, far more than 1%.

Those latter people were the ones that posters like you were saying would be so grateful to Trump when the stock market continued the trajectory it had followed for several years since before Trump was elected.

You think they won't notice when their investments are hit because of Tariff Twitter Man?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:16 am 
God

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:
<the stock market fall> must be rough on the 1%, eh?

Pretty damn rough on everybody who has tried to invest their hard-won savings in a retirement fund, which is far, far more than 1%.

Those latter people were the ones that posters like you were saying would be so grateful to Trump when the stock market continued the trajectory it had followed for several years since before Trump was elected.

You think they won't notice when their investments are hit because of Tariff Twitter Man?

Well, that is an odd notion since the Dow is up since Trump took office (16k then to 24k now)....or did you mean those millions of retirement investors that put in their savings on Monday with the intention of withdrawing the money on Friday?...i mean i think most people are aware that the market can generate fast returns, but it does come with a certain risk. So yeah maybe you have just discovered "market volatility" but it really doesn't conclude how you imagine it...

(footnote: i don't think you translated the word "trajectory" correctly - https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
Well, that is an odd notion since the Dow is up since Trump took office (16k then to 24k now)....

It’s amazing how you can get even such an easily-searchable statistic such as this wrong by so much. : )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 am 
God

The market has flatlined for a year now. It just dropped below 24,000 for the first time since mid-november 2017

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
Well, that is an odd notion since the Dow is up since Trump took office (16k then to 24k now)....

Wrong. Trump took office in January 2017 not 2016 (when the DOW was at 16k). The DOW was already above 20,000 when he took office. It is now at roughly 24,000 which means it has risen just 19% throughout Trump's first 22 months in office, having effectively flatlined over the past 12 months.

By contrast, the DOW rose 52% during Obama's first 22 months. From 7,639 to 11,600.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:

Wrong. Trump took office in January 2017 not 2016 (when the DOW was at 16k). The DOW was already above 20,000 when he took office. It is now at roughly 24,000 which means it has risen just 19% throughout Trump's first 22 months in office, having effectively flatlined over the past 12 months.

So, correct....it is up since he took office....not an odd notion at all, because it is supported by actual facts.

Kevin Graham wrote:
By contrast, the DOW rose 52% during Obama's first 22 months. From 7,639 to 11,600.

Yes, and freshmen economists know that it was Bush's stimulus that put the overwhelming majority of that in motion....notwithstanding your insistence that good economy must be Obama's and bad economy must be either Bush's or Trump's.
Those pesky facts.

Government Bonds don't even get you close to a 19% return, i would say that Chap's friends can rest easy with their retirement accounts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next