Dow is currently in a freefall

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Dow is currently in a freefall

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Just keeping you honest.

silly rabbit, only a taxpayer funded pay raise can do this.

My selection for you would be a shock collar. I’m pretty sure that’d work just fine. : )
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Always need Kevin for the most qualified expert based on experience in the subject matter (recognizing EA is right there as well) but go figure this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.market ... FBFC180182

I would have thought with all that trump has done recently; China tariffs, Iran stand down, border crisis l, Russia collusion, markets would be crashing!?!

Really looking for the best insight from the best or even EA !!
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Surprised: Thought the intellectual experts of KG and EA would be too quick to answer. Have never doubted their lack, or perhaps fear, of ever engaging in a conversation they “pretend” to know something about anything worth creating behind their screens.

Speak up guys in front of your audience if you really know half of what spout about!!!!

No doubt this post will be delayed a week or two.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Darn. Was really hoping for some intellectual insight from KG’s expertise and that of others who seem to know so much about our markets.

Bummer!
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

And it pushed through 27,000 today.

INVERSE CORRELATION: The higher the Dow goes the lower the decibel level from the experts here.

Where is Kevin and EA? Come here for their expertise and they are both consumed with Clintonstein, Jeffrey and Harvey. Now there’s a definition of “freefall” (although I’m sure spiffs were paid)!!!
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

KG, things seem to be going great for state pension funds and employees 401ks as we post! So are you willing to make the “over/under at 28,000” prior to 12/31? I only ask because your are the board’s self proclaimed expert in this area. But you’ve been so quiet w respect to your proclaimed expertise in this area for so long.

Come on son, should I short? What is your current market prognosis?

Anything?
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Did you say something bach?
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Dow drops 390 points and slips back below 26,000 as bond yields decline

Stocks fell on Monday as bond yields resumed their August downturn, raising concerns about the state of the economy.

The benchmark 10-year Treasury yield, which fell to its lowest since 2016 last week, dipped to 1.63%. The spread between 2-year and 10-year Treasury yields narrowed to only 6 basis points on Monday, near its lowest level since 2007.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/12/stock-m ... level.html
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

God Damn Obama.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

oops.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average added almost 373 points, or 1.44%, to end around 26,280, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 gained 43 points, or 1.48%, to finish at 2,926.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite led the major indexes, jumping 153 points, or 1.95%, to close at 8,016.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent