A mother was arrested for breastfeeding her baby

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Re: A mother was arrested for breastfeeding her baby

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Res Ipsa wrote:... — a decade? Two decades? More? Now, think about all of the sexual interactions that took place between men and women in that period of time.
for example in one minute...

in One Human Minute, Stanisław Lem wrote:... under an epigraph from T. S. Eliot saying that existence is "birth, and copulation, and death," come new figures. Every minute, 34.2 million men and women copulate. Only 5.7 percent of all intercourse results in fertilization, but the combined ejaculate, at a volume of forty-five thousand liters a minute, contains 1,990 billion (with deviations in the last decimal place) living spermatozoa. The same number of female eggs could be fertilized sixty times an hour with a minimal ratio of one spermatozoon to one egg, in which impossible case three million children would be conceived per second. But this, too, is only a statistical manipulation.
The surprise I spoke of has a different cause. Humanity pumps 53.4 billion liters of blood per minute, but that red river is not surprising; it must flow to sustain life. At the same time, humanity's male organs eject forty-three tons of semen, and the point is that though each ejaculation is also an ordinary physiological act, for the individual it is irregular, intimate, not overly frequent, and even not necessary. Besides, there are millions of old people, children, voluntary and involuntary celibates, sick people, and so forth. And yet that white stream flows with the same constancy as the red river system.
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

cafe crema wrote:The average time for rape is between 8 and 9 years in the US not life in prison.

Between 8 and 9 years for child rapists? Sex offender laws were originally created to target child rapists, but there is no way a child rapist is getting less than a decade in prison. Maybe 8 and 9 years is the average for college students who took advantage of a drunk 20 year old girl during a party.

cafe crema wrote:Sorry but I don't "hate" you for this, and you should stop with this kind of talk it makes you sound like you're 15, I admit I have no respect for your opinion in this area, but "you hate me" just stop.

Thank You. Okay, I will stop saying "hate", but you sound like an extremist religious person who thinks consensual sex is harmful to 16 and 17 year olds. Don't get me wrong, I know you are not extremist.

You have no psychological or medical evidence that consensual sex is harmful. I respect your opinion, you should respect mine. As society we won't get anywhere without having any tolerance.

Just remember that our justice system doesn't come from God. Humans used to think it was wrong for a black man to marry a white woman, so laws and cultural assumptions aren't always right.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

cafe crema wrote:Sorry but I don't "hate" you for this

But thanks for the clarification, and I am sorry for saying you hate me. It is childish.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Choyo Chagas wrote:Every minute, 34.2 million men and women copulate.[/b] Only 5.7 percent of all intercourse results in fertilization

Cool statistic, I wonder how many of the 34 million are affairs.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Choyo Chagas wrote:Every minute, 34.2 million men and women copulate.[/b] Only 5.7 percent of all intercourse results in fertilization
Cool statistic, I wonder how many of the 34 million are affairs.
create your own statistic about anything/everything

Stanisław Lem's fictitious criticism of nonexisting books may be found in his following works: in three collections of faux reviews of fictitious books: A Perfect Vacuum (Doskonała próżnia, 1971), Provocation (Prowokacja, 1984), and Library of 21st Century (Biblioteka XXI wieku, 1986) translated as One Human Minute, and in Imaginary Magnitude (Wielkość Urojona, 1973), a collection of introductions to nonexistent books.

by the way: please, learn the usage of quote... (don't break the x pairs)

and/or please read the quoted works as a whole, before answer
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Good thing New York City does not do this or their alleyways would be the largest producer of sex offenders in the world.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:Image
Good thing New York City does not do this or their alleyways would be the largest producer of sex offenders in the world.

The R. Kelly laws are all too often ignored
(see also Dave Chapelle sketch(s))
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

moksha wrote:Good thing New York City does not do this or their alleyways would be the largest producer of sex offenders in the world.

Of course Utah has to be in the list.