Market Finish This Week

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Market Finish This Week

Post by _canpakes »

Bach wrote:... please don’t ask me to explain GDP and how it’s growth affects our economy and wages.

Don’t worry. No one will ask you, seeing as how you have started so many threads that consistently demonstrate your knowledge of markets and finance to be on par with that of a hamster.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

canpakes wrote:
Bach wrote:... please don’t ask me to explain GDP and how it’s growth affects our economy and wages.

Don’t worry. No one will ask you, seeing as how you have started so many threads that consistently demonstrate your knowledge of markets and finance to be on par with that of a hamster.

LOL
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Kevin Graham wrote:
It seems you're just as ignorant about this as you are the stock market. The fact that you actually believe Trump is causing companies to give bonuses "in masses" is proof positive that you're not very familiar with modern corporate America. Companies giving raises and bonuses is something that happens every year with thousands of companies. But your idiot sources don't credit the President for any of that when he's black and Democrat. But much of the stuff Trump is taking credit for, we're now finding out had nothing at all to do with Trump, such as the AT&T bonuses that were negotiated via union, before Trump took office.

As far as the phenomenon of companies giving bonuses, you must have never worked a day during Obama's 8 years because what we're seeing now is just a continuation of the trend that was started well before Trump took office. SO you were either living on the moon, or you were just sitting in front of FOX News all day listening to all the talk about how the economy was on the verge of collapse because of Obama's job stifling tax hikes.

2010: According to Businessinsider, Google offers all of its employees $1,000 cash holiday bonus and 2011 Salary increases of at least 10%.

2011: General Motors and Chrysler, which posted much-improved results last year after reorganizing in bankruptcy court in 2009, said Friday that they would pay bonuses to salaried workers in the United States...The bonuses will range from 4 percent to 16 percent of annual pay for 96 percent of G.M.’s white-collar work force, the statement said.

2012: If You Don't Get A Bonus This Year, You're In The Minority, Survey Says: "Nearly three in four employers plan to hand out year-end bonuses in 2012, according to a new survey by Chicago-based outplacement giant Challenger, Gray & Christmas. That’s quite a boost from last year, when only 53% of firms planned to hand out year-end rewards."

2013: Half Of All Employers Will Offer Bonuses

2014: More companies award bonuses: "More companies are offering cash bonuses for the first time in years or are increasing the size of bonuses. Some are back to offering pay raises to start in January. "

2014: Nearly 80 percent of employers give year-end bonuses, survey says

2015: 1,380 employees at Hilcorp received a $100,000 Christmas bonus.

Here is the part where you call out Google for engaging in a massive Liberal conspiracy to fabricate archived articles.

I’ll take this as a vote to bring back Obama’s economic plan of the prior 8 years.

Anyone want to join “KG” in moving back to 2% GDP and the “real job growth” that accompanied Obama’s economy?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I sold all 2 million bitcoin mid-December and I now have ~16 billion USD. Suck it, Bach!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Bach wrote:
I’ll take this as a vote to bring back Obama’s economic plan of the prior 8 years.

Anyone want to join “Kevin Graham” in moving back to 2% GDP and the “real job growth” that accompanied Obama’s economy?

Earth to moron, this IS the Obama economy. Trump hasn't done crap.

_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

by the way Bach, we're still waiting for you to explain how Trump made all of those companies expand, jack up wages and give huge bonuses throughout the Obama years.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bach wrote:
When, under any Obama time in office did companies come out in mass with corporate bonuses and minimum wage hikes, all for the working people, like we’ve just witnessed, in masses, as we’ve all just experienced?!?!? WAY TO MANY TO LIST !!

List 5.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

So I’m just asking here:

Did anyone feel pain in there investment portfolio this month so far?

I had 25% growth in my portfolio this past month. But that was only in an aggressive tech Stock i bought. YTD evretyyhing else was up around 18%. Anyone here see a decline in their retirement portfolio planning this past month?

Seriously: Anyone here want to go back to the Obama economy (other KG)?

Other KG and EA - anyone here complaining about what’s wrong with this economy???

Really would love to hear in articulation.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

If not, why? Why would folks here not invest in this market given what the opportunity was under Obama? Help me understand.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

My cumulative return on my pre-Obama investments during the Obama years was over 200% on the stock side. That's phenomenal. That's because he took the presidency when the stock market had crashed and was president during 8 years of recovered growth. The economy Trump has inherited has a strong annualized growth rate in stocks, though I'm fairly certain it has under-performed the annualized average growth under Obama's presidency. Because I do not attribute stock prices to who is president like a uneducated man-child, I don't think this is a demonstration of the superiority of Obama policy, but it does make the challenge a bizarre one. I'd gladly take the market growth of Obama's first year in office or his first year after his reelection over Trump's first year. This is because I can do math.