An Appology

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: An Appology

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Sh*T Hole States: Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky

I don't know why people think that. They're three of the most beautiful states I've either lived in or toured.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:Sh*T Hole States: Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky

I don't know why people think that. They're three of the most beautiful states I've either lived in or toured.

- Doc

It's a comment on their poverty, not the beauty of the scenery. Trump was disparaging some of the most beautiful places on the planet, after all.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

EAllusion wrote:It's a comment on their poverty, not the beauty of the scenery. Trump was disparaging some of the most beautiful places on the planet, after all.

Well, I dunno. I've met quite a few people from those "crap hole" states you like to disparage (probably because they're poor and White), and they seem to be fine with their homelands. I get that you're trying to draw a parallel, but it doesn't really work. For example, California is mega-wealthy and there seems to be a consistent exodus from the state because per capita wealth doesn't really correlate to across-the-board lifestyle.

Then again, I'm talking to someone who wouldn't deign live next to a Haitian or Nigerian immigrant if his life depended on it. So, we'll take your observations for what they're worth. A whole lotta White virtue signalling and nothing more.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Donald, here is another related story where FAIRMormon's Chairman Scott Gordon says the lying liberal New York Times besmirched the memory of our President Monson because of their propensity for fake news and East Coast elitism. So don't feel alone. They also attack other great men who may or may not have as large of hands as yourself. #FullTrump

https://www.fairmormon.org/blog/2018/01/11/east-coast-ignorance-using-emotional-event-another-anti-mormon-hit-piece

Just deny everything and obfuscate when necessary. #FullFair
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:It's a comment on their poverty, not the beauty of the scenery. Trump was disparaging some of the most beautiful places on the planet, after all.

Well, I dunno. I've met quite a few people from those "crap hole" states you like to disparage (probably because they're poor and White), and they seem to be fine with their homelands. I get that you're trying to draw a parallel, but it doesn't really work.

Then again, I'm talking to someone who wouldn't deign live next to a Haitian or Nigerian immigrant if his life depended on it. So, we'll take your observations for what they're worth. A whole lotta White virtue signalling and nothing more.

- Doc

Oh, people from Africa live in a shithole because they're poor, but we can't say the same of poor states in the US because they're pretty and people who live there, some of them anyway, like where they live. Is this not true of African nations as well? Do you not think there is scenic beauty there? Do you not think there are people who live in Africa who would prefer to live there?

I literally live next to someone who immigrated from Nigeria. My coworker who has an office one down from me is a US citizen who immigrated from Nigeria as well. I obviously have no problem living next to Hatians or Nigerians. You were trying to leverage the statistical odds that I wouldn't be right next to one as proof that I'm racist. Solid, hate-filled posting here.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

EAllusion wrote:Oh, people from Africa live in a ____ because they're poor, but we can't say the same of poor states in the US because they're pretty and people who live there, some of them anyway, like where they live. Is this not true of African nations as well? Do you not think there is scenic beauty there? Do you not think there are people who live in Africa who would prefer to live there?

I literally live next to someone who immigrated from Nigeria. My coworker who has an office one down from me is a US citizen who immigrated from Nigeria as well. I obviously have no problem living next to Hatians or Nigerians. You were trying to leverage the statistical odds that I wouldn't be right next to one as proof that I'm racist. Solid, hate-filled posting here.

Yeah, I don't believe you. Last time you were outed as a racist you claimed you had Indian neighbors.

Shame on you for using minorities as a prop for your politics.

SAD.

- Doc