Got Engaged

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Got Engaged

Post by _moksha »

That's the kind of news this board needs. May the two of you live happily ever after.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Thanks everyone!
Always Changing wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:That's pretty cool. When I was a singleton and just kind of, I dunno, dating (I use that term loosely since I was mostly just passing time) I came to find out that half the population out there didn't want to have anything to do with divorced parents. And that's totally fine. So, it's nice to see you found a man who loves you and considering your particular situation, which is challenging, he's embraced all of your family. Best of wishes to you, your man, and your kiddos.

- Doc
Ms. Jack, your news is heart-warming, particularly in the circumstances Dr. Cam lists.

I was pretty self-conscious about dating with a disabled child and a very young toddler. My son's autism hadn't been diagnosed yet, but I was always up-front with my dates that my kids were challenging.

My son's autism was diagnosed during my current relationship, and my fiance has been supportive throughout. He goes to the LegoLand autism play dates with me, picks my son up from ABA therapy as needed, and held my hand as I fought the school board for needed changes to my son's IEP (and lost). Now he's agreed to move to a new school district with me in a few months.

I actually preferred dating men with kids (they were all divorced or widowed) because a lot of the guys who didn't have kids just didn't get why I couldn't do things like stay up late every night or go out on a moment's notice. My fiance has been patient and willing to learn though.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I'm happy for both of you. best wishes for your new family together.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison