Trump's nominee to head ICE

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Trump's nominee to head ICE

Post by _EAllusion »

...just called for arresting politicians in sanctuary cities and charging them with crimes.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... be-charged
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's nominee to head ICE

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Because the states should have more power and independence from the Federal government that tends to overreach.

Oh wait, that's only on things like abortion, voting laws, etc.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's nominee to head ICE

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:Because the states should have more power and independence from the Federal government that tends to overreach.

Oh wait, that's only on things like abortion, voting laws, etc.

No one ever said such independence should be to the point of breaking laws. While some issues are better left to States, certainly some are not...an ability to discern this subtlety of our Constitution is what mature and informed adult citizens do routinely...not perfectly, but routinely.
Besides, I believe this issue wasn't directed at States but rather at city Mayors. But in fact, States like Texas did pass laws that would make it criminal for its cities to prohibit their own law officials from assisting Federal Immigration Authorities...a subtle distinction, and one I am sure has escaped you up until this very moment....because of the whole hair fire thingy you like to get going.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent