CDC list of banned words

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: CDC list of banned words

Post by _subgenius »

EAllusion wrote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-cdc-lists-fetus-transgender-as-forbidden-words

Policy analysts working at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were told on Thursday about a list of forbidden words being imposed by senior CDC officials, according to a report in The Washington Post. The forbidden words are reportedly “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based,” and “science-based.”

Our country is a tire-fire. We're powerful, so this is a serious problem for the rest of the world.

Is there an actual reputable, verifiable, or even reasonable source for this "reportedly" story?

There is literally no substance here and gossip is the best fuel for starting hair fires.

So, yeah, anyone got some actual facts here?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

subgenius wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:"Evidence-based" has been banned at the CDC. I'm waiting for it to be banned at the FBI.

That is positively Orwellian.

It was banned at the FBI during the Hillary investigation. And obviously e licence hasn't really been a requirement for all the Trump Russia collusion accusations, or even for the Moore election.

That's your best shot? Metaphorical Whataboutism? The comparisons to the Hillary investigation, Trump/Russia and the Moore election? Words were never banned.

This is the CDC. It is science-based organization. Science involves evidence. If you can't use 'evidence-based' in a scientific report, It's like saying you're going to discuss football without the word 'quarterback'.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

It's like we're dismantling western civilization in favor of commercial wooish dumfookery.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/damn-t ... doscience/
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Well at least the Ministry of Truth is productive. Oh wait...
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Remember, Trump is an antivaxxer.

https://Twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 52?lang=en

"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!"
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Maksutov wrote:Remember, Trump is an antivaxxer.

"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!"

That was in 2014, and with luck he has forgotten it by now ...

I liked this response:

Robin Evans‏
@RobinGEvans
Nov 30
More
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
This is, without contest, the most irresponsible, uninformed and false Tweet to date. You are a sick and dangerous man, and you have put children in real danger with this Tweet. Vaccines do NOT cause autism.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Maksutov wrote:Remember, Trump is an antivaxxer.

What I heard him say (in the past year?) was that he's okay with vaxxing but suggests that they be administered in smaller doses over a longer period of time.

Other than that, yeah, he's ignorant.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Maksutov wrote:It's like we're dismantling western civilization in favor of commercial wooish dumfookery.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/damn-t ... doscience/

I imagine some of those old soldiers would appreciate the therapeutic touch from list 2. Such touch should not be limited to Vegas and Miami partying conventions of the Admirals and Generals.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Somewhere in my online travels this afternoon, I read that the list of words was banned from a report. Not that they were banned forever.
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-cdc-lists-fetus-transgender-as-forbidden-words

Policy analysts working at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were told on Thursday about a list of forbidden words being imposed by senior CDC officials, according to a report in The Washington Post. The forbidden words are reportedly “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based,” and “science-based.”

Our country is a tire-fire. We're powerful, so this is a serious problem for the rest of the world.

Is there an actual reputable, verifiable, or even reasonable source for this "reportedly" story?

There is literally no substance here and gossip is the best fuel for starting hair fires.

So, yeah, anyone got some actual facts here?

Bump
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent