Excellent piece detailing Russian/Trump relationship in Washington Post

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Excellent piece detailing Russian/Trump relationship in

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just finished reading the whole article, which if you think about it, is akin to reading The Grapes of Wrath as an 8th grader as far as attention span is concerned in this age of Internet A.D.D..

I'm not really sure how one comes away from reading the article, and not understand that the Russians did, indeed, influence our election. I suppose you'd have to believe Comey, the Intel Community leadership (CIA & FBI), and a few others are just making stuff up to push, I dunno, some sort of vague and undefined agenda.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

If anyone is interested here is another nicely sourced Reddit rundown of Trump-Russia ties:

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/commen ... d/drbv85j/

Watch for Mueller to get fired when Congress is out of town...

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

What in the world is going on?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 59224.html

Republicans Refuse to Continue Trump Investigation, Won't Name New Witnesses in Probe

Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and it were the Dems doing this? The world would've burned down.

If anyone think the GOP cares about our democracy I've seriously got a great stock tip on a Houston-based energy company you might be interested in...

eta:

Just a quick reminder that there was a lot of chatter when the Repubs blocked the Dems from getting another justice on the the Supreme Court; how that would hurt their party.

Dems needs to WTF up.

Repubs have convinced the country is going in the crapper when a Dem President has a balanced budget meanwhile the "fiscally responsible" party keeps adding trillions to the debt, especially with this dumb tax cut.

Repubs have lost, what? 6 out of the last 7 popular votes for President? Think about that one for a second. And there's no serious discussion or resistance from the Dems to change this?

Repubs have what? 2/3 of the governorships? Majorities across the board?

I think Trump can get away with firing Mueller, To be honest. And I'm the crazy one for thinking we need to change how we do politics on the Left. Stupid stupid stupid.

- Doc

_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What in the world is going on?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 59224.html

Republicans Refuse to Continue Trump Investigation, Won't Name New Witnesses in Probe

Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and it were the Dems doing this? The world would've burned down.

If anyone think the GOP cares about our democracy I've seriously got a great stock tip on a Houston-based energy company you might be interested in...

eta:

Just a quick reminder that there was a lot of chatter when the Repubs blocked the Dems from getting another justice on the the Supreme Court; how that would hurt their party.

Dems needs to WTF up.

Repubs have convinced the country is going in the crapper when a Dem President has a balanced budget meanwhile the "fiscally responsible" party keeps adding trillions to the debt, especially with this dumb tax cut.

Repubs have lost, what? 6 out of the last 7 popular votes for President? Think about that one for a second. And there's no serious discussion or resistance from the Dems to change this?

Repubs have what? 2/3 of the governorships? Majorities across the board?

I think Trump can get away with firing Mueller, To be honest. And I'm the crazy one for thinking we need to change how we do politics on the Left. Stupid stupid stupid.

- Doc

I feel like you don't even know who Ken Starr was....
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What in the world is going on?

I feel like you don't even know who Ken Starr was....
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

What about Ken Starr and why is he relevant to the Russia probe?

Granted whataboutism seems to be working for the GOP and their base. Subgenius is a prime example of its effectiveness. Take note Leftists...

eta: FOXNews hack calls FBI a criminal cabal. You can't make this up.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017 ... newday.cnn

The Right is insane.

- Doc

_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Subgenius.

Would you still support President Trump if it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he colluded with Russia to win the election, and in doing so it was shown he benefited financially through business arrangements for favorable political decisions?

- Doc

_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Subgenius.

Would you still support President Trump if it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he colluded with Russia to win the election, and in doing so it was shown he benefited financially through business arrangements for favorable political decisions?

- Doc

That would just prove he's smart. After all, Trump is President, and you're not.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

- Doc

No, and I can't think of any reason why I would under those circumstances. But the same answer would apply if it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump was eating babies...or french kissing Nancy Pelosi.

And to be fair, I'm not sure that one can say "I support Trump" anyway, because unlike the Obama faithful I have never fallen into that abyss known as the cult of Presidency.
Do I support some of his policies?, yep. But that's true for a bunch of politicians, though maybe I'm not sure what it means to "support" an elected official.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

subgenius wrote:

- Doc

No, and I can't think of any reason why I would under those circumstances. But the same answer would apply if it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump was eating babies...or french kissing Nancy Pelosi.

And to be fair, I'm not sure that one can say "I support Trump" anyway, because unlike the Obama faithful I have never fallen into that abyss known as the cult of Presidency.
Do I support some of his policies?, yep. But that's true for a bunch of politicians, though maybe I'm not sure what it means to "support" an elected official.

I... I don't know what to say. That was a reasonable response, and a good position to take. I'm glad you answered the question.

- Doc