How?????s everyones????? portfolio?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_schreech
_Emeritus

Re: How’s everyones’ portfolio?

Post by _schreech »

Analytics wrote:We now know that investors were a little pessimistic during the most of the Obama years—that was a great thing for people saving for retirement—it meant that the $250 or whatever that was being withheld from each paycheck could buy more stock. Now, the market is closer to reflecting the actual value of stock, and if you include the likely scenario of interest rates increasing, it is overvalued.

Unless you are close to retirement, a day trader or managing a stock based ponzi scheme, why the fook would you be happy about short term bumps to your "portfolio". Again, its like bach just watched wall street, understood none of it and is trying to play some sort of ignorant, poor man's Gordon Gekko.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Xenophon wrote:Correct me if I am wrong Analytics, but we want to "Buy high and sell low", right? :rolleyes:

_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

The current rise in prices seems to be driven by a combination of general growth that is a legacy of Obama years that Trump has nothing to do with and the likelihood of corporate tax cuts driving up dividends that Trump has a lot to do with.

Since the latter overwhelmingly benefits wealthy investors, I don't think you can crow too much about that with also rejecting the argument that said cuts favor the wealthy investor class.

The weird thing is our market is actually underperforming comparable international markets and that's with a massive corporate tax cut financed by debt on the way. Not sure what that says. If the argument is that there is an investment bubble, then I'd worry more about Germany and Japan.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

EAllusion wrote:The current rise in prices seems to be driven by a combination of general growth that is a legacy of Obama years that Trump has nothing to do with and the likelihood of corporate tax cuts driving up dividends that Trump has a lot to do with.

Since the latter overwhelmingly benefits wealthy investors, I don't think you can crow too much about that with also rejecting the argument that said cuts favor the wealthy investor class.

The weird thing is our market is actually underperforming comparable international markets and that's with a massive corporate tax cut financed by debt on the way. Not sure what that says. If the argument is that there is an investment bubble, then I'd worry more about Germany and Japan.

Anyone here still believing in the above nonsense or are you even more happy w your 401k or portfolio than last month?

(HINT: Those that have a ton of free time that give free expertise on all subjects under the sun (or message boards) have a ton of free time for obvious reasons)
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Bach wrote:
EAllusion wrote:The current rise in prices seems to be driven by a combination of general growth that is a legacy of Obama years that Trump has nothing to do with and the likelihood of corporate tax cuts driving up dividends that Trump has a lot to do with.

Anyone here still believing in the above nonsense or are you even more happy w your 401k or portfolio than last month?

(HINT: Those that have a ton of free time that give free expertise on all subjects under the sun (or message boards) have a ton of free time for obvious reasons)

Oh, if only I had more of my portfolio in international stocks. Guess I can't complain too much.

Sharing information and opinions on issues that a reasonably well-read person would be conversant with is no vice or great labor.

I can see how that would be confused with putting on the airs of expertise for someone like yourself, though. Don't let your fake monocle fall out.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Bach wrote:

And what’s a practical definition of “ton of free time”?

How about YTD avg of 7 posts/day on a message board with your handle in green print?

LOMAO (“laughing our mutual asses off”)