Winning: Food Stamp program costs hit 7 year low

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Winning: Food Stamp program costs hit 7 year low

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Doc, since when is taking the position that the coercive power of the state should not be used to compel women to give birth against their will equivalent to genocide? Is the number of black or Hispanic folks in the US decreasing? Are black and Hispanic women having fewer children than white women?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_schreech
_Emeritus

Post by _schreech »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Once again we're faced with the race reality of Liberalism, wherein they're completely comfortable with Black and Hispanic babies, a.k.a. 'not human', being snuffed out as a matter of convenience at far greater rates than that of White babies.

Dude,

It sort of seems like you just want to argue with someone and that your heart really isnt into this if the above sentence is really one your take aways. Nobody is forcing anyone to terminate a pregnancy and nobody even attempted to equate race with humanity. You are trying too hard to feign offense on this one, it’s falling sort of flat...

Also, calling the choice that some women make to use safe, sanitary publicly funded programs to end a pregnancy, "genocide", is very ldsfapsish. It sort of showed your hand from the get go and you are not going to be able to successfully troll that way. Ease into man...

Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What hungry children in America are starving? - Doc

Excellent point. Take away the health care for all those aborting mothers and let the newborn babes shift for themselves.

Let's see those surviving kids try to get obese once we take those so-called "food programs" such as food stamps and school lunches away from them. Those who do survive on the mean streets will have the right stuff necessary for the Marine Corp or Walmart.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Bumping for Majax ...

Chap wrote:
canpakes wrote:Otherwise, isn't Walmart stealing from the larger community that is now expending tax dollars to provide SNAP assistance to Walmart employees that qualify for it based upon their fairly dismal wages?

Well yes, fairly obviously.

Walmart can hardly pretend that the money they pay to their lower-paid full-time employees is enough for them to live on in a manner that counts as minimally decent for hard-working people in 21st century America. And Walmart knows that this basic standard is an absolute necessity if their employees are to remain capable of turning up every day and putting in a good day's work.

So they know what their employees need in order to live as human beings and work as hard as Walmart needs. But they don't pay that. Why?

Because they know darn well that Majax's tax dollars will bridge the gap for them through programmes like SNAP. So they can get away with paying less!

Smart business move for Walmart. Not so good for Majax and the other taxpayers.

How do you feel about that, Majax? What needs to be done in this specific case?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jesse Jackson Jr
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Jackson Jr »

What needs to be done in this specific case?

Raise the minimum wage?
“It's not logical that we boast the most advanced and powerful internationally integrated economy in the world, then claim organizational incompetence and poverty when it comes to creating and funding a national health care system for all Americans.”
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Jesse Jackson Jr wrote:
What needs to be done in this specific case?

Raise the minimum wage?

Thanks for the prompt response, Majax!
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Once again we're faced with the race reality of Liberalism, wherein they're completely comfortable with Black and Hispanic babies, a.k.a. 'not human', being snuffed out as a matter of convenience at far greater rates than that of White babies.

One factor here promoting this disparity is that black and Hispanic women have more unintended pregnancies than white women, statistically. And over half of unintended pregnancies result from participants not using contraceptives.

When it comes down to comparing the ideologies of conservatives and liberals, one side seems historically much more willing to make contraceptive choices easier to consider and obtain than the other.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Kevin Graham wrote:20 oz of Broccoli floretts. (chopped or halves)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of mushroom
3 eggs beaten lightly
1 cup of chopped onions
1 cup of cooked sliced mushrooms
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar

Mix it up in a bowl with a big spoon, pour it into a casserole bowl and then sprinkle the crushed crackers on top. Bake for 45 min or until brown at 375.

Before

After

(didn't have crackers when I made this one)

Thank you!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb