Alabama Senator Shelby will not vote for Moore

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Alabama Senator Shelby will not vote for Moore

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Richard Shelby, the Republican senior Senator of Alabama, will not vote for the Republican Senatorial Candidate for vacant Alabama Senate Seat.

Washington Post wrote:“He [Moore] thrives on controversy, seems to me. And I think you can’t be a formidable, effective senator if you’re so controversial your colleagues avoid you,” Shelby told The Washington Post in an interview last week, after casting an absentee ballot for an unnamed Republican write-in candidate instead of Moore. “That’s the bottom line.”

Shelby took that same message to the national airwaves on Sunday, telling CNN’s State of the Union that the accusers against Moore, including a woman who says he touched her sexually when she was 14, “are believable.”

No matter what else concerning the Moore candidacy, I cannot remember a time when The President is for the his party's candidate for Senator while several Senators, including the one from the candidate's home state, have said their party's candidate would not be their choice. The Speaker of the House and Majority Leader of the Senate both said he should step aside. And the President's own daughter, when asked about Moore, said there was a special place in hell for people like him. Even within his own party, he is clearly one of the most divisive Senatorial candidates I can remember.

We have become so used to political shock and awe every week that we become a little bit numb. But just think, in a normal administration, what the headlines would be if a President backed a candidate where his daughter said there was a special place in hell for the candidate. In most administrations that would be a week's worth of headlines. In Trumpworld, it's little more than a footnote.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Re: Alabama Senator Shelby will not vote for Moore

Post by _Brackite »

"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter