Trump watches 8 Hours of TV (FOX Mostly) every day

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Trump watches 8 Hours of TV (FOX Mostly) every day

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:.when a monkey throws poop and hits someone in the face,

The President of the United States of America is now being compared with a monkey throwing excrement at people - by a poster who seems to think that this is a way of making the president look less stupid?

Why yes, so he is.

[Edited for typo]
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Dude, his tweets have successfully made everyone who freaks out over those tweets look like fools...when a monkey throws poop and hits someone in the face, other people aren't laughing at the monkey...or the poop.

Not that your example would be accurate as stated anyway, but the Prez isn't really hitting much of anything with his poop-flinging. The morongutan-in-chief is pretty much just smearing it all over himself, while his supporters try to justify why he hasn't learned any different or better over the past 5 or so years.

But, hey - keep it up. No Republican or conservative whining about past Presidents or future candidates will ever close the gap between their fatuous claims and the actual and continuous discharge of infantile spittle dribbling out from the spoiled child currently squatting in the Oval Office.

subgenius wrote:Um, awkward - but I literally just re-did it...and then you quoted it, thus you re-did-did it....once again reality is not falling in line for you.

Nope. Fake redo. Sad.

canpakes wrote:You should see how diligently he practices slowly reading his Bic Mac wrappers. Gotta give him credit for the effort.
subgenius wrote:Ha! You are jealous.

I only covet the cheese paper. ; )

subgenius wrote:No, actually we were talking about how some people are so stupid they think a President does not have a staff of writers, etc.
But yeah, I guess the people of Illinois were glad their Senator was spending their time and money writing a book to sell to them.

I don't have a problem with it. Neither did the charitable organizations that received donations as a result of that book's sales, like the Fisher House Foundation.

Not that Obama writing a 40-page book has anything to do with Trump tweeting juvenile ridiculousness every day while glued to the boob tube, anyway.

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:- yet, as you note there was an unverified report that he had finished it in 2008, after election but that is unverified -

Yet there it is. Take that timetable up with the source that has provided that information.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

The CCC wrote:Substupid is just the type to got to a burn unit just for laughs.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:.when a monkey throws poop and hits someone in the face,

The President of the United States of America is now being compared with a monkey throwing excrement at people - by a poster who seems to think that this is a way of making the president look less stupid?

Why yes, so he is.

[Edited for typo]

And yet there you are.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Not that your example would be accurate as stated anyway, but the Prez isn't really hitting much of anything with his poop-flinging. The morongutan-in-chief is pretty much just smearing it all over himself, while his supporters try to justify why he hasn't learned any different or better over the past 5 or so years.

Oh, that explains why we never hear anything about his tweets from Democrats or on the News.

canpakes wrote:But, hey - keep it up. No Republican or conservative whining about past Presidents or future candidates will ever close the gap between their fatuous claims and the actual and continuous discharge of infantile spittle dribbling out from the spoiled child currently squatting in the Oval Office.

Your post is a little incoherent here, but it seems like you said - "but Democrats have suffered a net loss of over 1,000 seats in all levels government over the last decade because people are voting for Republican candidates"

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:Um, awkward - but I literally just re-did it...and then you quoted it, thus you re-did-did it....once again reality is not falling in line for you.

Nope. Fake redo. Sad.

Yet there it is....re-done.

canpakes wrote:You should see how diligently he practices slowly reading his Bic Mac wrappers. Gotta give him credit for the effort.
subgenius wrote:Ha! You are jealous.

I only covet the cheese paper. ; )[/quote]
Nevertheless.

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:No, actually we were talking about how some people are so stupid they think a President does not have a staff of writers, etc.
But yeah, I guess the people of Illinois were glad their Senator was spending their time and money writing a book to sell to them.

I don't have a problem with it. Neither did the charitable organizations that received donations as a result of that book's sales, like the Fisher House Foundation.

Not that Obama writing a 40-page book has anything to do with Trump tweeting juvenile ridiculousness every day while glued to the boob tube, anyway.

Yet articles have been printed that contradict your claim...wipe your shirt, some KG stupidity has dripped on it.

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:- yet, as you note there was an unverified report that he had finished it in 2008, after election but that is unverified -

Yet there it is. Take that timetable up with the source that has provided that information.[/quote]
Don't have to...i provided verified source and you provided an unverified source...I feel comfortable in letting literate people resolve that difference.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Back to the OP.

There seems to be good reason to think that it is on the whole likely that the President of the United States spends a significant part of his day watching television (mainly or in large part Fox News) and emitting his reaction to what he sees in the form of tweets.

If true, does this bode well for the governance of the United States? I'd say that on balance it does not.

I'd be interested to hear any reasons for concluding that this state of affairs is, on the contrary, likely to be good for the country.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Oh, that explains why we never hear anything about his tweets from Democrats or on the News.

The news is free to report on people making fools of themselves.

subgenius wrote:Your post is a little incoherent here, but it seems like you said - "but Democrats have suffered a net loss of over 1,000 seats in all levels government over the last decade because people are voting for Republican candidates"

Were I a Democrat, I might be worried about that. But, I'm not, and I don't have a broken heart over, say, Republican policies contributing to increased coal use, habitat erosion, or clogged waterways in West Virginia. My Republican friends in Appalachia can deal with that, whilst they struggle to find health care at a reasonable cost for their worsening emphysema and cancer. w00t! Republican Coal Age policies rock!

subgenius wrote:Yet there it is....re-done.

Sorry, but I'll just take you at your word when you say, "...your logic, reasoning, and insight into the Executive Branch is astounding." Thanks! No reason to try to wriggle out of anything.

subgenius wrote:Yet articles have been printed that contradict your claim...wipe your shirt, some KG stupidity has dripped on it.

The claim that proceeds from "Of Thee I Sing" have gone to charity? Are you confused about what you wrote where?

canpakes wrote:
Yet there it is. Take that timetable up with the source that has provided that information.
subgenius wrote:Don't have to...i provided verified source and you provided an unverified source...I feel comfortable in letting literate people resolve that difference.

Actually, you haven't yet. But you're free to do so.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Chap wrote:Back to the OP.

Sorry, Chap. I'm being an arse with those derails up there.

Chap wrote:There seems to be good reason to think that it is on the whole likely that the President of the United States spends a significant part of his day watching television (mainly or in large part Fox News) and emitting his reaction to what he sees in the form of tweets.

If true, does this bode well for the governance of the United States? I'd say that on balance it does not.

Agreed.

Chap wrote:I'd be interested to hear any reasons for concluding that this state of affairs is, on the contrary, likely to be good for the country.

Only if he starts watching the National Geographic channel exclusively.