Jerusalem: to be recognized as the capitol of Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Jerusalem: to be recognized as the capitol of Israel

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:I'll take your failure to address the ancient Israelite claim specifically as agreement that it is just as useless and/or unsound as any other.

Useless/useful inasmuch as violence/force has manifest as much.

canpakes wrote:I'll take the rest of your comment to indicate that you would have no problem with the UN legislating Israel out of existence as easily as it legislated it into existence ... biggest guns willing.

I see no relevance for my opinion on "justice is might". My having a problem implies "conflict", which is inherently violent.

canpakes wrote:Would you pick your ally based on who'd be appearing to be winning the conflict at any particular moment?

Again, irrelevant to the topic at hand, and "winning" is far to subjective in your vague scenario. Perhaps you can offer a specific circumstance that better illustrates your intended point? Maybe something from the OP?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I find it a bit odd Americans, or Southerners, or New Yorkers, or Atlantans might take exception to the idea that a group of people might form a regional or state or ethnic identity based in geography or culture or ideology.

- Doc

Brilliant deduction, doc.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Uncle Ed wrote:When have "Palestinians" ever been rounded up and exterminated? When has any "race" been hounded and killed as the Jews have? They have a right to live as a people, since they have always IDed as a "People". They are not alone nor the oldest "People": the Arabs have just as long a self IDing sociology. That they turned monotheistic (at least "officially") changes nothing. These people know each other as rival kinsmen for thousands of years.

Since it has been the pleasure of the "West" to recognize and admit the faults of our ancestors towards the Jews, and help them to "their homeland", it would be callous hypocrisy and genocidal indifference to consign the Jews to a two-state "solution", which only guarantees their eventual overthrow.

The plight of the Jews in the ME is a model for the plight of the world at large by the end of this century. We either wake up to that fact and prepare for it, and defend against it, or we suffer together as non Muslims. It's that simple. The modern day jihad doesn't look to be vanishing anytime soon.

Does that answer your somewhat rhetorical question?

I get yer drift. Bold New World we inhabit. We either can own it, or disown it. Apathy is not an option.

Thanks for the fresh insights to the plight of not only Israel, but the Western World and lives elsewhere.