Make Search Great Again

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Make Search Great Again

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Is there any way for the powers that be to adjust the setting on which words are "too common to search"? I wanted to follow Grindael's suggestion to read MG's past posts on the Book of Abraham, but "Abraham" is too common to search.

I tried to see if this had been discussed before, but even "search" is too common to search... :lol:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Make Search Great Again

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Try putting an asterisk at the end of every word.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to conduct a google search. Just put the construction "site:mormondiscussions.com" in the search field, then add your keywords.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:Try putting an asterisk at the end of every word.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to conduct a google search. Just put the construction "site:mormondiscussions.com" in the search field, then add your keywords.

Awesome. Thanks, Dr. Shades.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Also, I've found that putting an asterisk in the middle of words works. For example. Searching for bookstore, for example, enter bo*kstore. Just don't divide into common words--those might trigger the 'too common word' message.

Overall I think Google Search is better, but for certain words the MD. search issuperior.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Thanks WD and Lemmie.

ETA: Asterisk in the middle did the trick!

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:Also, I've found that putting an asterisk in the middle of words works. For example. Searching for bookstore, for example, enter bo*kstore. Just don't divide into common words--those might trigger the 'too common word' message.

Overall I think Google Search is better, but for certain words the MD. search issuperior.

You're joking? I'll try it! Boy you must've been determined to get a result to go through the trouble of figuring that out!

Thank you so much!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Try putting an asterisk at the end of every word.

Why can't we get it fixed? You need manpower? You need a buck or two?

There's plenty of tech folk around here who could probably help.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

"site:mormondiscussions.com" d*ckhead revealed this hit by RayA:

I'll grant you a reply, knucklehead. When "Dr. Shades" stops villains like you from defaming the character of other people based on innuendo mind-reading, I may offer an apology. But as long as base LIARS like you continue to post in this anti-Mormon ____ - I owe no apology!

Funny how you, dickhead, always ask for apologies, when you continue to slander the character if innocent people. That is your life's mission, to remain anonymous while you judge others! You, for all I know, might be a friggin pedophile!! Because we know nothing about you! You are nothing but scum, low-life scum. The worst kind of bullying predator in existence - and "Dr. Shades" gives you sanctuary, and obeys your every command.

So let me reiterate - Shades, you are nothing but a piece of anti-Mormon ____!! In disguise here on MormonDiscussions.com claiming you are "objective", and willing to "let" the board go where it wants. You know as well as I do that if this piece of anti-Mormon ____ went apologetic you close it down at the speed of light!

Keep sucking up to "Mister Scratch", who really controls this board, and YOU! Because you're a sucker for Scratch!

So. Awesome.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Do his "blue ass fly" remark, Cam. I so loved that!
Chinese Proverb