Enjoy the trolls, folks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Enjoy the trolls, folks

Post by _Lemmie »

Maksutov wrote:We'll know if this works as time goes by. Like I said, I've never seen a troll reform. And the missing posters matter to some of us, at least. Anybody telling me to feel otherwise can eat a dick. :rolleyes:

Please note that I do not have a whiny little bitch passive aggressive trolly sig.

noted. Speaking of reform..... :rolleyes: Yea. Not gonna happen.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

I stopped by here out today out of concern for people leaving. I don't want anyone to leave over me or my situation with that other poster. That being said, I am making this comment specifically to say that LEMMIE is RIGHT. I did report about him a long time ago. I also reported MYSELF to Shades and said I had a problem keeping the rules in relation to him trolling my threads. This has been an ongoing problem that Shades has been aware of, but I stupidly didn't rely on him to sort it out, I relished doing it myself and it was WRONG. PART of the reason I am taking a break is my ongoing problems with him, but that is not the whole reason. The last spat just made up my mind that it would be good for me to take a break.

I greatly appreciate everyone who has made such nice comments about me. I will try to post more on my blog as I have time. I have some real issues and I feel pressed for time. I have a long paper to submit and a book also. And my health is not good. I don't want to create any drama, its an ongoing problem I've had for years, just getting worse.

I think it is unfair to that other poster to keep making threads about him. Let it be and let Shades handle it. Jersey has the right idea. As I was reading through some of these recent threads I see two or three things this poster has written about the Book of Abraham and other subjects that I would love to comment on, but I think it would be better if I did not.

There are some beautiful people here. Make this place better. You can. You will. And I'll probably be back in the future. Just got to sort out some crap.

my best to all,

johnny
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Sweet. Hurry up.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

grindael wrote: ... let Shades handle it.

Oh I wish, I wish.

Like he handled Ludwigm, for instance ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Chap wrote:
grindael wrote: ... let Shades handle it.

Like he handled Ludwigm, for instance ...

How did I handle ludwigm?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Dr. Shades wrote:How did I handle ludwigm?

Almost too effectively, I'd say.

And where is he now?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Chap wrote:And where is he now?

Do you think he ever left?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:You still aren't acknowledging why Mak threw up his hands and departed the scene. That you refuse to deal with it isn't a failure on my part nor has it got anything to do with a meta pie fight.

You simply refuse.

I'm not sure why it's important that I acknowledge that or "deal with it." You obviously think it's important to talk about why Mak threw up his hands and left the scene. That's great, and you can talk about it all you want. I'm not a mind reader. All I can do is read what Mak posted. Now that Mak's back, I suppose I could ask him.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:You still aren't acknowledging why Mak threw up his hands and departed the scene. That you refuse to deal with it isn't a failure on my part nor has it got anything to do with a meta pie fight.

You simply refuse.

I'm not sure why it's important that I acknowledge that or "deal with it." You obviously think it's important to talk about why Mak threw up his hands and left the scene. That's great, and you can talk about it all you want. I'm not a mind reader. All I can do is read what Mak posted. Now that Mak's back, I suppose I could ask him.

An emotional reaction. Not a considered response. I let it get to me, in violation of my own advice to people not to let others "push their buttons". It was an accumulation of frustrations and perhaps my own ignorance of board rules and expectations. I don't think that anybody handled it well in the final analysis. What do we learn from it? You tell me.

What do I think now? I think that MG just started a thread about derailing and earned time in queue. But who am I? If I like it here, I stay here, if I don't I can go elsewhere. No posting or reading at gunpoint. But the drama sure has gotten tiresome, folks.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Chap wrote:And where is he now?

Do you think he ever left?
:lol:
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.