H.W. Bush accused of sexual assault

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

H.W. Bush accused of sexual assault

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

"Former President George H.W. Bush is facing allegations that he squeezed a teenager's buttocks in 2003. In an interview with Time magazine published Monday, Roslyn Corrigan said she was 16 years old when Bush, then 79, touched her inappropriately at a November 2003 event in The Woodlands, Texas, office of the CIA, where her father had gathered with fellow intelligence officers and family members to meet Bush. Corrigan told the magazine Bush groped her buttocks as she and her mother, Sari Young, posed for a photograph with the former president. "As soon as the picture was being snapped, on the one-two-three he dropped his hands from my waist down to my buttocks and gave it a nice, ripe squeeze, which would account for the fact that in the photograph my mouth is hanging wide open," Corrigan told Time, her first public interview about the incident. "I was like, 'Oh my goodness, what just happened?'"'"
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/politics/ ... index.html

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! May H.W. Bush spend the last days of his worthless life suffering in prison! Bush is just a perverted pig with too much libido.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: H.W. Bush accused of sexual assault

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Can you see a difference between what Bush did and what Weinstein did?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Res Ipsa wrote:Can you see a difference between what Bush did and what Weinstein did?

Weinstein is accused of so many things I haven't been keeping up, be specific.

It is my understanding that touching someone's buttlock is sexual abuse and can be punished up to one year of prison in Utah, plus a lifetime of sex offender.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Res Ipsa wrote:Can you see a difference between what Bush did and what Weinstein did?

I am not sure what Weinstein has anything to do with the topic. To me Weinstein is a nobody.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

DoubtingThomas wrote:

I am not sure what Weinstein has anything to do with the topic. To me Weinstein is a nobody.

Both engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with women. Can you see the difference?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Res Ipsa wrote:Both engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with women. Can you see the difference?

Based on what you are telling me there is no difference. Please give details.

and why do you ask?
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Do you believe all inappropriate sexual contact should be treated the same?

_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Res Ipsa wrote:Do you believe all inappropriate sexual contact should be treated the same?

Someone touching your butt is not as serious as rape, but I do agree it is inappropriate.