Trump dirt and Russian Sanctions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Trump dirt and Russian Sanctions

Post by _beastie »

I find it odd that Trump is delaying implementing Russian sanctions. His advisors have to be telling him how bad this looks in light of the suspicions he colluded with Russia. Yet he persists.

This actually makes me wonder if Russia may have serious dirt on Trump they're blackmailing him with. If allowing himself to look even more guilty than he already looks is a smaller price to pay than enacting the sanctions, then he must fear something really horrible in consequence of enacting the sanctions. And given his totally narcissistic personality, it has to be something that would impact him personally, not something that would "just" affect the country.

I'm not sure the golden shower is enough, unless it involves underage girls. (not even sure that would matter to avid Trump supporters) What could it be? An actual tape recording of him agreeing to quid-pro-quo?

WTF is up with this?
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Trump dirt and Russian Sanctions

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I read that he's trying to meet with Putin. He's probably not making a move until that meeting takes place or doesn't take place and he's on US soil again.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MissTish
_Emeritus

Post by _MissTish »

"Donald, why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?"
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.- Super Hans

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

MissTish wrote:"Donald, why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?"

Lol.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

beastie wrote:I find it odd that Trump is delaying implementing Russian sanctions. His advisors have to be telling him how bad this looks in light of the suspicions he colluded with Russia. Yet he persists.

This actually makes me wonder if Russia may have serious dirt on Trump they're blackmailing him with. If allowing himself to look even more guilty than he already looks is a smaller price to pay than enacting the sanctions, then he must fear something really horrible in consequence of enacting the sanctions. And given his totally narcissistic personality, it has to be something that would impact him personally, not something that would "just" affect the country.

I'm not sure the golden shower is enough, unless it involves underage girls. (not even sure that would matter to avid Trump supporters) What could it be? An actual tape recording of him agreeing to quid-pro-quo?

WTF is up with this?
He just might want future interference on his behalf.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Jersey Girl wrote:I read that he's trying to meet with Putin. He's probably not making a move until that meeting takes place or doesn't take place and he's on US soil again.

Yeah, I read that as well. Surely someone has warned him this all makes him look guilty as hell.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

EAllusion wrote:He just might want future interference on his behalf.

So maybe he isn't being blackmailed, but telling Putin if he promises to help him get elected again, he won't implement the sanctions?

Or that Putin will provide him safe passage and a luxurious dacha after the (bleep) really hits the fan?

Seriously, this makes him look even guiltier than he already looks. There's something serious afoot.

Penn & Teller

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

beastie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I read that he's trying to meet with Putin. He's probably not making a move until that meeting takes place or doesn't take place and he's on US soil again.

Yeah, I read that as well. Surely someone has warned him this all makes him look guilty as hell.

They're probably going for "decisive and cautious as hell". But don't go by me.

I don't think Trump overthinks anything. I don't think we should overthink Trump.

He basically swings at anything in front of him.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb