Vaguebooking

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Vaguebooking

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Maxine Waters wrote:For me Facebook is good for posting family photos without having to text all the cousins specifically. It's real life and I really shouldn't even let people know if I'm Democrat or Republican.

Our optometry secret group has lost good members due to fights about politics which was unnecessary. The group was therapeutic for those of us who felt like we were all together in a lousy profession and needed support from putting up with the public. But even that would not stop others from forming their own secrert groups and making fun of the others or telling corporate what we thought of their free eye exam marketing and cheapening the profession. I didn't mind what corporate moles saw me post. I'd like to tell the owners to their face.

But point being, nothing is safe online.

I just got an extremely thorough eye exam done. I need glasses to read small things now. :( ANYWAY. You guys should never do that crap for free. You're professionals. For example, I learned I was healthy and didn't have pre-diabetes despite having gained some weight and diabetes is prevalent in my family history. How? I didn't know diabetes was detectable in your eyes. He explained it really well, and it was very interesting. My optometrist even suggested a A1C test if I want something more thorough.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Re: Vaguebooking

Post by _Maxine Waters »

I just got an extremely thorough eye exam done. I need glasses to read small things now. :( ANYWAY. You guys should never do that ____ for free. You're professionals. For example, I learned I was healthy and didn't have pre-diabetes despite having gained some weight and diabetes is prevalent in my family history. How? I didn't know diabetes was detectable in your eyes. He explained it really well, and it was very interesting. My optometrist even suggested a A1C test if I want something more thorough.

- Doc

You made my day with that story. You must have gotten a great doctor.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.