Flake is Not going to seek re-election

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Flake is Not going to seek re-election

Post by _honorentheos »

Maxine Waters wrote:The only thing immoral going on is seizing money from the paychecks of working people and giving it to people who don't work.

canpakes wrote:
honorentheos wrote:This is one of those statements that could have been said by anyone from just about any position on the political spectrum.

Likewise, the claimed moral foundation of it seems to be poorly defined. By comparison, how would it compare to a morality that rationalizes that all members of a society need to contribute to the infrastructure and defense of that society through a contribution via a universally-available method?

At a more coarse grain than even moral foundations, I suspect the intuitive foundation for Ajax's belief is the same as that of most people. That being two things: People who work hard should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labors; and freeloading off of this hard work is bad and should be stopped or even punished.

I think this is true of almost all Americans, and it's biologically based in our tribal history. But we can't agree on much after this, including on the fact we probably agree on these two points. We see different people as freeloading, different ways that people are able to benefit from the system rather than it being truly merit-based. We see the need and essential function of government differently. And we fight over those things rather than looking for the foundational roots of our political views and where they initially branch off of one another.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Once you realize that Ajax's political views are closest to those of North Korea's race-based fascism with a communist veneer, his posting makes perfect sense*. Otherwise, it will come across as a incoherent jumble of reactionary views. His views on labor are at home within that ideological framework.

*Obviously, North Korean fascism centers around the superiority of Koreans whereas Ajax's has a different race in mind, but otherwise it fits like a glove.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

No, . I am wheel chair bound and largely home bound. I am fast loosing control of my arms and hands. I am fortunate to have family and friends around that help me make it through another day.

Maybe you could work for Shades as a moderator.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Sorry; no real interest in being a moderator, but I do like a well reasoned, and fact based argument. Even if I disagree with it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The CCC wrote:Sorry; no real interest in being a moderator, but I do like a well reasoned, and fact based argument. Even if I disagree with it.

BULL SHYTE.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Such well reasoned fact based arguments seem to elude you.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

The CCC wrote:Such well reasoned fact based arguments seem to elude you.

I gave you ample opportunity to participate in one, but instead you just went into MG retard mode and shut down. You're still doing it.

Go back to my questions, read them, and then let's have that discussion otherwise you're as dumb and deliberately ignorant as you claim subgenius is vis a vis politics.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
The CCC wrote:Such well reasoned fact based arguments seem to elude you.

I gave you ample opportunity to participate in one, but instead you just went into MG r***** mode and shut down. You're still doing it.

Go back to my questions, read them, and then let's have that discussion otherwise you're as dumb and deliberately ignorant as you claim subgenius is vis a vis politics.

- Doc

I have heard such "arguments" for 46 years. I simply disagree with them. I have no problem with science, and have no problem with what people choose to believe. It is really pretty simple, if my religious but non-LDS family is right. I believe God will be kind to a poor sinner who really wants to be good. If my atheist family is right. None of us will know it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

The CCC wrote:I have heard such "arguments" for 46 years. I simply disagree with them. I have no problem with science, and have no problem with what people choose to believe. It is really pretty simple, if my religious but non-LDS family is right. I believe God will be kind to a poor sinner who really wants to be good. If my atheist family is right. None of us will know it.

Cool testimony, man. So, basically, you're full of crap. You claim you want logical substantive arguments, but the most you contribute is an endless stream of crap posting. Got it.

- Doc

_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

You have yet to provided any logical substantive arguments. If I were to provide you with arguments that have been made in favor of some long held scientific idea would that be evidence that science isn't credible?
Science is Agnostic
SEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJpYUxRL_3U