Trump Disrespects Gold Star Family AGAIN

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Disrespects Gold Star Family AGAIN

Post by _The CCC »

EAllusion wrote:There's also this angle to the story as well:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... ualty-list

This is what happens when you elect a pathological liar who will BS anything.

Well he did say one true thing. "They say I have the most loyal people — did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters." he said. "It's like incredible."
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

MeDotOrg wrote: Instead we are trapped in another infantile scuffle started by the President. Every week the news cycle is stifled by another drama queen event

amen ,amen, and amen.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Redditors soldier dad dies in June 2017, he gets a letter from Obama, nothing from Trump.

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/commen ... t=J93KUVZI

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

He's still arguing with Sgt. Johnson's widow over the details of the condolence call!

Bastard.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Don Lemon's Open Letter to Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-AakrKhI4s
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Amen.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

EAllusion wrote:Again, Kelly advised Trump that Mexico was on the verge of a Venezuela like collapse.

I think there is a temptation to view Kelly as a serious, buttoned up professional who is being degraded by the necessity of serving Donald Trump for the good of the country. I think this is a wrong take. I think Kelly is a bit of a nutbar, which is why he could find himself appointed to such important positions in the Trump admin in the first place, who is nonetheless more intelligent, responsible, and composed than Trump. That's just benefiting from lowered expectations, though. Once the mainstream media has decided someone is a serious man it's all but impossible to dislodge that reputation (see: Ryan, Paul). So you end up with people writing that Kelly must've lied to defame a Congresswoman's reputation for the greater good. Take a step back and listen to how that sounds.

Given yesterday's totally unnecessary neoconfederate apologetics from Kelly, I think this post held up very well.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

EAllusion wrote:
Given yesterday's totally unnecessary neoconfederate apologetics from Kelly, I think this post held up very well.

and i thought Weinstein was the only guy that enjoyed self-pleasure in front of others.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

EAllusion wrote:
EAllusion wrote:Again, Kelly advised Trump that Mexico was on the verge of a Venezuela like collapse.

I think there is a temptation to view Kelly as a serious, buttoned up professional who is being degraded by the necessity of serving Donald Trump for the good of the country. I think this is a wrong take. I think Kelly is a bit of a nutbar, which is why he could find himself appointed to such important positions in the Trump admin in the first place, who is nonetheless more intelligent, responsible, and composed than Trump. That's just benefiting from lowered expectations, though. Once the mainstream media has decided someone is a serious man it's all but impossible to dislodge that reputation (see: Ryan, Paul). So you end up with people writing that Kelly must've lied to defame a Congresswoman's reputation for the greater good. Take a step back and listen to how that sounds.

It would be better for the USA if what you said had not been true. But, sadly, it is.

Significantly, subgenius has no comeback but mocking you for pointing out that you were right in what you said.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.