What's significant about this story

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

What's significant about this story

Post by _EAllusion »

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/marc-f ... 2017-10-17

It's not the horrific racism. It's the fact that he feels comfortable being out in the open expressing it now. How emboldened white supremacists are is quite notable.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: What's significant about this story

Post by _Dr. Shades »

To avoid "link-and-run," will you please give us some background so we can determine whether it's worth clicking on and reading?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Dr. Shades wrote:To avoid "link-and-run," will you please give us some background so we can determine whether it's worth clicking on and reading?

It's a story about a person who is being racist in public with enough prominent standing for it to be a story a person can link.

Give it a few hours thought. After weighing the pros and cons, only then can you decide if clicking the already described link is worth your approximately 3 seconds of time.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:To avoid "link-and-run," will you please give us some background so we can determine whether it's worth clicking on and reading?

It's a story about a person who is being racist in public with enough prominent standing for it to be a story a person can link.

Give it a few hours thought. After weighing the pros and cons, only then can you decide if clicking the already described link is worth your approximately 3 seconds of time.

Dr. Shades,

I'll do it since EA, unsurprisingly, can't be bothered to answer a direct question with a thoughtful and direct response.

Swiss investor Marc Faber said in his popular newsletter The Gloom, Boom & Doom Report, dated Oct. 3:

“And thank God white people populated America, and not the blacks. Otherwise, the US would look like Zimbabwe, which it might look like one day anyway, but at least America enjoyed 200 years in the economic and political sun under white majority."

He also said:

“If you have to live in a society where you cannot express your views and your views are immediately condemned without further analysis and analysis of the context in which [they’re written]—if you can’t live with that, then it is a sad state of where freedom of the press and freedom of expression have come.”

And to top it off he said:

“Africans will always use the excuse of [oppression] to explain where they are economically, saying that it is ‘all the fault of the colonists.’ ”

“They would be much better,” he continued, “under a system of Western colonialism.”

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Thank you, DoctorCamNC4Me, for doing EAllusion's job for him.

Thanks to you, I know who the "he" is and the specific type of racism he's elaborating.

Now I know that it's a subject worth investigating, i.e. clicking on.

Again, thanks.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

For his part, Faber said he was more concerned with the state of free speech in the world—and, in particular, in America. “If you have to live in a society where you cannot express your views and your views are immediately condemned without further analysis and analysis of the context in which [they’re written]—if you can’t live with that, then it is a sad state of where freedom of the press and freedom of expression have come.”

This is such an idiotic canard. Nobody prevented him from saying the things he said. Nobody reacted thoughtlessly. He's damned stupid, and he's just pissed that he's suffering the consequences of getting to say what he wanted to say.

Nobody is preventing anyone from being a racist prick. Clearly, calling someone a racist prick is not enough to stop them from saying racist prick things.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

The US Constitution allows us to be jerks. It doesn't require it. :razz: