Trump is 'starting the process' of Obamacare repeal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Trump is 'starting the process' of Obamacare repeal

Post by _The CCC »

Jersey Girl:

It is worse than that. Republicans and Democrats started the process of bi-partisan consensus on health care about a month ago. Drumpf opposed that process, and scuttled the venture. Add to that the Republicans are deliberately withhold money for sick kids enrolled in the CHiPS program. They want people do die.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Jersey Girl wrote:What it feels like (if I have the facts right) is that he's pulling apart the ACA like a piece of monkey bread and breaking his promises to the American public at the same time.

He said he would repeal and replace at the same time. What he's doing is dismantling the ACA without replacement for it.

If he had any brains (yeah I said that) he would fix what was in already in place and slap his name on the reconstruction of it. He wants to wipe out any evidence of Obama and Trump brand the nation.

And the American public can just go pound salt if they don't like it.

Or drop dead.

I think Trump has pretty well cast himself as the anti-Obama. I wonder if all of this goes back to the Press Club dinner where Obama really roasted Trump. I don't think Trump has a self-effacing sense of humor. The one thing that seems very consistent is that if Obama was for it, he's against it. And as you say, the American people can just go pound salt. Got to admit Jersey Girl, I don't think I've ever heard the expression 'pound salt'. But that's why there's Google...
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:I think Trump has pretty well cast himself as the anti-Obama. I wonder if all of this goes back to the Press Club dinner where Obama really roasted Trump.

Ironically, by his childish, vindictive resentment of anything Obama related because of that roast, he effectively validated most everything Obama said in that roast.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:I think Trump has pretty well cast himself as the anti-Obama. I wonder if all of this goes back to the Press Club dinner where Obama really roasted Trump.

Ironically, by his childish, vindictive resentment of anything Obama related because of that roast, he effectively validated most everything Obama said in that roast.

Some time after I wrote my post, I found an article on CNN "Why Trump hates Obamacare" and it did indeed say it goes back to the birtherism issue. I don't recall if it said anything about the roast. It basically said what we've all been saying, he wants to wipe out any evidence of Obama. Period.

I'll try to come up with a link for it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Well the lead in did say "Why Trump hates Obamacare" but here's the article itself.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politics/ ... index.html
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote: Got to admit Jersey Girl, I don't think I've ever heard the expression 'pound salt'. But that's why there's Google...

You're joking.

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:Well the lead in did say "Why Trump hates Obamacare" but here's the article itself.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politics/ ... index.html

Good, insightful article! Sure, I agree that it would be overly simplistic to claim that Obama's roast of him was mostly to blame for Trump's hatred of all things Obama related, but it certainly added fuel to that resentment. I get the strong impression that Trump would rather see the whole nation go to hell in a handbasket give any credit to Obama for what he managed to accomplish even in the face of unrelenting and irrational opposition to him by most of the Republican establishment. Time and again they even turned away from policies and actions they originally proposed themselves, when it became apparent that Obama expressed a willingness to support them!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison