Bob Corker

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Re: Bob Corker

Post by _beastie »

This is incredibly disturbing. Even more details from vanity fair:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10 ... e-advisers

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior.

West Wing aides have also worried about Trump’s public appearances, one Trump adviser told me. The adviser said aides were relieved when Trump canceled his appearance on the season premiere of 60 Minutes last month. “He’s lost a step. They don’t want him doing adversarial TV interviews,” the adviser explained. Instead, Trump has sat down for friendly conversations with Sean Hannity and Mike Huckabee, whose daughter is Trump’s press secretary. (The White House official says the 60 Minutes interview is being rescheduled.)

Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

I think his narcissism is disabling him, given the fact that, probably for the first time in his life, he is getting constant public humiliation. I think early dementia is a strong possibility as well.

In fact, if these reports are true and he really didn't understand why ramping up our nuclear weaponry is a bad idea, and why nukes aren't an option, I vote for dementia.

I just hope enough republicans have enough common sense that they deal with this clear threat.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I just read something that mentioned Corker and Trump's tweet. Did he actually height shame Corker with that "Liddle" comment?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Jersey Girl wrote:I just read something that mentioned Corker and Trump's tweet. Did he actually height shame Corker with that "Liddle" comment?

Yep. Corker is 5'7" and Drumpf is about 6'3". Who knew that crap could be stacked that high?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The CCC wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I just read something that mentioned Corker and Trump's tweet. Did he actually height shame Corker with that "Liddle" comment?

Yep. Corker is 5'7" and Drumpf is about 6'3". Who knew that crap could be stacked that high?

:surprised:

Pacino is 5'7"!

Come on, Al. Do that thing with your eyes for the people.

Yeah, that. :cool:

And I'm not even close to that. Pacino has a body of work to rival almost any actor living or dead. Not to mention sparks flying out of his eyes.

Screw that dolt Trump from the shallow end of the intellectual gene pool. Him and his little hands, too.

:wink:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Our President being dishonest about Senator Corker:

Is Sen. Bob Corker responsible for the Iran deal, as Donald Trump claims?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ld-trump-/
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The downside to this adult day care is that the patient has the power to fire those who are keeping the world safe from his actions and replace them with enablers.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace