Paddock made 20 trips to Europe and Middle East

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Paddock made 20 trips to Europe and Middle East

Post by _AmyJo »

... On supposed vacations w/girlfriend. With stops in Jordan and the Arab Emirates.

Once or twice, not so suspicious.

20 times? What the hell?!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/06/forme ... ast-video/
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Paddock made 20 trips to Europe and Middle East

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Not that unusual. Some people take 2-5 cruises per year. He was wealthy.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

AmyJo wrote:... On supposed vacations w/girlfriend. With stops in Jordan and the Arab Emirates.

Once or twice, not so suspicious.

20 times? What the hell?!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/06/forme ... ast-video/

What else was he going to do?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

After my parents retired they traveled to Cairo, Beirut, Istanbul and Saint Petersburg. They were probably enemy agents.

Look, I think everything this guy did could and should be investigated. I know it's possible that there was some other influence, but I don't know if we are ever going to get a picture of this guy that we will understand. I just get the feeling that he'll remain an enigma. The guy had no social media presence, no manifesto, but the massacre was very well planned. This was not a dumb guy. (One of the things that scares me about this event is that it will become the blueprint for others with political or religious motivations.) I think if he wanted his motivations known, he would have left something to let us know. We know he cared for his girlfriend and he wanted to kill as many people as he could before he died. His brother said he was the master of the 'microagression'. This seems like a 'macroagression'.

I think we're seeing the American gun culture in the 21st Century morphing into a video game. You just keep killing until the game ends. (People rarely get beyond the first level.)
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land