'Sister Wives' Defeat Polygamy Law in Federal Court

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: 'Sister Wives' Defeat Polygamy Law in Federal Court

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Gunnar wrote: Dan Barker, who was a minister for 19 years, has famously said that the surest way to become an atheist is to read the Bible from cover to cover. I think he is probably right about that.

Not really a "famous" saying...but a known one...and a bit targeted for a certain audience....but we get your cynicism....you know cynicism right?...its an ancient belief system that still bangs around these days in the vacuous space between atheist's ears.

Geez, subs, that's very cynical.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Geez, subs, that's very cynical.

um, i don't believe you have ever known me to claim to be a non-believer, yes? :wink:
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Geez, subs, that's very cynical.

um, i don't believe you have ever known me to claim to be a non-believer, yes? :wink:

Not that I'm aware of. Given that, if the presence of cynicism speaks to a 'vacuous space' between one's ears, then your comment would indicate that the issue would not be limited to 'atheists'.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Given that, if the presence of cynicism speaks to a 'vacuous space' between one's ears, then your comment would indicate that the issue would not be limited to 'atheists'.

No, it is not a condition limited to atheists, but is a characteristic most prevalent among atheists for sure...in fact it might be a prerequisite.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Given that, if the presence of cynicism speaks to a 'vacuous space' between one's ears, then your comment would indicate that the issue would not be limited to 'atheists'.

No, it is not a condition limited to atheists, but is a characteristic most prevalent among atheists for sure...in fact it might be a prerequisite.

Now you're just ramping up the cynicism. : )
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Maxine Waters wrote:Did you descend from polygamists?

If related to polygamists, let's hope he ascended from them instead.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace