It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Can you be "pro" whatever your race is, and not be racis
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:

this link is dead or mis-referenced....nothing would load on my cpu, perhaps you could dumb it down for me...i mean i get what "suggest" means, but that is not really a conclusion....its a suggestion...and stills says nothing about rabbits actually thinking. I mean sometimes the universe seems to be suggesting that i stay in bed all day....

A-ha. The rabbits are on to us, lol.

This is an interesting paper from around 2006 or so, about how rabbits seem to be able to selectively forage for higher-nutrition food in the wild when other environmental factors are equalized. A more recent paper that also examines their preferential or rejection tendencies can be found at:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4093528/

These are not offered as evidence that a rabbit is someday going to challenge your job of inserting COB-approved Sacrament building planograms into new ward construction proposals. But it does raise an interesting question about how far along the 'thinking' criteria a rabbit is beginning to intrude, when it selectively cycles rejection/acceptance of particular feed sources for seemingly indiscriminate reasons outside of merely satisfying an instinctual hunger urge.

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:
Maybe you might revisit your criteria for 'thinking'.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015 ... n-science/

Nah my criteria is pretty spot on and consistent with modern times....but this link does not support that rabbits actually think, the only mention of rabbits is with regards to them being able to "remember".

The link above isn't offered for rabbits in particular; it's about animals in general. There are still a number of folks who believe that no animals 'think' in the same ways that a human is capable, but contemporary evidence easily challenges this. Certainly they're not running the range of thought processing with the same degree of complexity between each other or as compared to humans, but the evidence points to a similar or same root mechanisms nonetheless, including preference-interests and “breaches of rationality”.

Regardless, this has no bearing on Jersey Girl's question. She asked, "Explain how racism makes logical sense, please". You've provided evidence for an instinctual brain response that folks seem to possess when confronted with differing racial types; this stops short of an answer to the question.

Can you explain how the conversion of that response into the idea that one's own species is superior to the other ('racism', by definition) is logical?

Last edited by canpakes on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Can you be "pro" whatever your race is, and not be racis
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:59 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
They have noticed, as Thomas Frank has written, that the Democrats have gone “from being the party of Decatur to the party of Martha’s Vineyard.

Ha. In an oddly seredipitous coincident Yahoo News is on point with:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jfk-gra ... 32634.html

JFK’s Granddaughter Tatiana Schlossberg Marries in Martha’s Vineyard Ceremony

Quote:
The New York Times first reported the story; The bride, 27, is a former reporter with the paper who covered climate change and the environment. The groom, 28, is a fourth-year medical student at Columbia University in New York City.

The couple first met as undergrads at Yale. Former governor of Massachusetts, Deval L. Patrick, officiated the ceremony, held at the home of the bride’s family on Saturday, September 9.

Something is missing from their photos. I can't really put my finger on it... Hrm...

- Doc

In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago