It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can you be "pro" whatever your race is, and not be racis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:21 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Right?

Racism makes no logical sense. But I guess it doesn't have to.

Racism makes very logical sense, that is why it is so impossible to resolve. What makes no sense is why every bucket full of liberals focuses so much on feelings and not actions. People are free to feel whatever they want, focus on their actions and rid yourself of this senseless desire to minority report every person who feels this world differently than you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:42 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Right?

Racism makes no logical sense. But I guess it doesn't have to.

Racism makes very logical sense, that is why it is so impossible to resolve. What makes no sense is why every bucket full of liberals focuses so much on feelings and not actions. People are free to feel whatever they want, focus on their actions and rid yourself of this senseless desire to minority report every person who feels this world differently than you.

Explain how racism makes logical sense, please.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm 
Bell Ringer

Quote:
Can you be "pro" whatever your race is, and not be racist

Late to the discussion.

It's perfectly fine to have pride in your heritage! In fact it's admirable. It's racism when you think your heritage is better than other people's. It's vile.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 pm 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
It's perfectly fine to have pride in your heritage! In fact it's admirable. It's racism when you think your heritage is better than other people's. It's vile.

Do you define your heritage as your race, though? Aren't you more proud about your familial culture?

I'm sorry, but I have never been able to discern a person's race from their behavior. There are saints and assholes in every group.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
I'm not sure, whitey hasn't filled in that blank yet - besides, actual "defining and labeling" is beyond my pay grade (see prior mention of racial status)

What is your racial makeup?

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:58 pm 
Bell Ringer

Some Schmo wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:

Do you define your heritage as your race, though? Aren't you more proud about your familial culture?

I'm sorry, but I have never been able to discern a person's race from their behavior. There are saints and assholes in every group.

:biggrin:

To be honest, I am a little fuzzy on what "race" really means. We are all such a mix that it doesn't make much sense. We all go back to Africa. One can become a Jew, but I don't think one can join the Asian or Black "race." Very confusing.

Native Americans are Asian (not Jewish), but are classified as a "race" separately. The majority of Black people in the US have Caucasian ancestors in their heritage (often for evil reasons), but they are all considered Black. Poodles and wolves are the same species (if they mate, they produce fertile offspring), are they seperate "races"?

Maybe we should just abandon the term "race." It's a silly and meaningless term. I've never thought of myself as white. My skin is beige with darker freckles. My wife's is half Native American. She is a little warmer beige, no freckles. I honestly can't see how it matters.

We are all the same species. We can all mate and produce fertile offspring. What does it matter that some of us have different hair color or a different shade of beige skin.

End of rant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:02 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
subgenius wrote:
I'm not sure, whitey hasn't filled in that blank yet - besides, actual "defining and labeling" is beyond my pay grade (see prior mention of racial status)

What is your racial makeup?

- Doc

I believe that he uses Cover Girl.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:
You're only a half-breed? At what point does the remaining breed fill out?

I'm not asking you to label it. I'm just wondering when the other half fills in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:33 pm 
Bell Ringer

canpakes wrote:

I'm not asking you to label it. I'm just wondering when the other half fills in.

Just a guess...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
I'm not white but I identify as white and demand that Kevin Graham and CCC treat me as such.

Sure. I neither know nor care about the melanin content of your skin. But if you want me to treat you like a white Stupid racist Trollish pig I will.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:22 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
Sure. I neither know nor care about the melanin content of your skin. But if you want me to treat you like a white Stupid racist Trollish pig I will.

Perhaps a better way of stating that would have been: "But if you insist on acting like a white, stupid, racist, Trollish pig, I will treat you as such."

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 am 
God

Quasimodo wrote:

To be honest, I am a little fuzzy on what "race" really means. We are all such a mix that it doesn't make much sense. We all go back to Africa. One can become a Jew, but I don't think one can join the Asian or Black "race." Very confusing.

Native Americans are Asian (not Jewish), but are classified as a "race" separately. The majority of Black people in the US have Caucasian ancestors in their heritage (often for evil reasons), but they are all considered Black. Poodles and wolves are the same species (if they mate, they produce fertile offspring), are they seperate "races"?

Maybe we should just abandon the term "race." It's a silly and meaningless term. I've never thought of myself as white. My skin is beige with darker freckles. My wife's is half Native American. She is a little warmer beige, no freckles. I honestly can't see how it matters.

We are all the same species. We can all mate and produce fertile offspring. What does it matter that some of us have different hair color or a different shade of beige skin.

End of rant.

Completely agree.

I was mostly just wondering what you meant by "pride in your heritage."

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 am 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:

End of rant.

Completely agree.

I too!

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 am 
God

My proud "heritage". On one side they helped exterminate the American Indians, and on the other they escaped to America from being hung as sheep stealers. Go back far enough and every family has saints and sinners alike. It isn't what they did that counts, but what I do that does.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:50 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
My proud "heritage". On one side they helped exterminate the American Indians, and on the other they escaped to America from being hung as sheep stealers. Go back far enough and every family has saints and sinners alike. It isn't what they did that counts, but what I do that does.

I feel much the same way. I greatly value my Norwegian heritage and take pride in the contributions my ancestors have made to culture and human progress, yet I am aware that some of my Viking ancestors were among the most ruthless pirates in history.

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
...Trollish pig ...

These actually seem to exist.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 am 
Holy Ghost

Quote:
yet I am aware that some of my Viking ancestors were among the most ruthless pirates in history.

How much would you say you owe as restitution to the French and Anglo Saxon victims of your ancestors? You realize the Vikings made slaves of these people as well right?

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:09 pm 
God

Maybe 40 acres and a mule.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:30 pm 
Bell Ringer

The CCC wrote:

We have something in common, triple C. I have one direct ancestor and his brother that were both hung for stealing sheep in Wales. I will have to design a family crest around that image.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:27 pm 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
Quote:
yet I am aware that some of my Viking ancestors were among the most ruthless pirates in history.

How much would you say you owe as restitution to the French and Anglo Saxon victims of your ancestors? You realize the Vikings made slaves of these people as well right?

Irrelevant and stupid question, as the descendants of the French and Anglo Saxons they ravaged long ago are now doing very well, and are not in any way inconvenienced by or discriminated against by me or my fellow descendants of the Viking terrors. Any debt incurred by the previous behavior of those Vikings has long ago been paid off with interest by contributions to the world and society in general by their descendants.

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:46 am 
Holy Ghost

Quote:
Irrelevant and stupid question, as the descendants of the French and Anglo Saxons they ravaged long ago are now doing very well, and are not in any way inconvenienced by or discriminated against by me or my fellow descendants of the Viking terrors. Any debt incurred by the previous behavior of those Vikings has long ago been paid off with interest by contributions to the world and society in general by their descendants.

Were the Viking people required to pay restitution with the first 100-200 years after their raiding and pillaging? How did the descendants of the French and Anglo Saxons start doing well again without big government social welfare programs to lift them back up?

They were going through climate change problems in those days too. The medieval warming period was ending and the Vikings were being frozen out of their settlements in Greenland and the Scandinavian peninsula.

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next