It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:36 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
It is time for the moral cause of equality.
SEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... vV7iFrKNN8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:50 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12450
EAllusion wrote:
It's impossible to be concerned about more than one thing at a time, so good point. That's why all bad things must be ignored to concentrate on the one worst thing.


Your privilege is showing. Please check it and get involved in this:

http://www.freetheslaves.net/where-we-work/india/

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:32 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 11515
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
It's impossible to be concerned about more than one thing at a time, so good point. That's why all bad things must be ignored to concentrate on the one worst thing.


Your privilege is showing. Please check it and get involved in this:

http://www.freetheslaves.net/where-we-work/india/

- Doc

There are worse things in this world than slavery in India. Why aren't you concentrating on those instead? Sounds like you have illegitimate priorities. In fact, by your reasoning you shouldn't even be writing posts here as that is taking away time from addressing the worst thing possible. The mere act of replying is an act in hypocrisy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:34 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12450
Anyway. Since EAllusion doesn't want to acknowledge his privilege nor do anything about it. Back to the OP:

https://image.ibb.co/nrPr1v/1qddkmoyochz.png

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8674
Location: Your mother's purse
Gunnar wrote:
-- especially the last two.

he says about an accomplished physician and the first black supreme court justice....2 men easily smarter than you could hope to be.

Obviously your definition of ignorant = " black people"

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 am 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 11515
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Anyway. Since EAllusion doesn't want to acknowledge his privilege nor do anything about it. Back to the OP:

https://image.ibb.co/nrPr1v/1qddkmoyochz.png

- Doc


Your mocking of concepts like "privilege" would work better if you actually understood them. I'll take your continued posting here rather than tireless efforts to combat the worst thing ever as an admission of the intellectual dishonesty of your argument and move on.

This post has nothing to do with the OP. The OP is pointing out the twist of fate that has the Republican party in the position of having many members defending the confederacy. You know, the party that ran the bloodiest war in American history to defeat it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:58 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12450
EAllusion wrote:
Republican party in the position of having many members defending the confederacy. You know, the party that ran the bloodiest war in American history to defeat it.


It's funny how partisans want to flip the political narrative when it suits them.

Look. I know you're an ivory tower racist, and it hurts to be called out on your ____ about slaves and minorities other than patting another White racist on the back, but we work with what we got on this forum. It's clear to me you hate America and liberal democracy.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:02 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 11815
Location: On the imaginary axis
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
Republican party in the position of having many members defending the confederacy. You know, the party that ran the bloodiest war in American history to defeat it.


It's funny how partisans want to flip the political narrative when it suits them.

Look. I know you're an ivory tower racist, and it hurts to be called out on your ____ about slaves and minorities other than patting another White racist on the back, but we work with what we got on this forum. It's clear to me you hate America and liberal democracy.

- Doc


I am getting an 'innocent and uncomprehending bystander' feeling here.

Can someone explain to me just what the issue is between DrC and EAllusion in these exchanges, please?

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 am 
Apostle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 am
Posts: 766
Location: California
Quote:
So, do you now have that list for us of all of the Republicans, and pointing out to us on that list which ones are the RINOs and which ones are true and real Republicans???



Well I certainly wouldn't consider a Republican a RINO for not defending the confederacy.

Refusal to enforce the border, repeal Obamacare, etc. Republicans that are scared to go on Sean Hannity. I'm not going to say they're not Republicans but I can't call them conservatives either.

_________________
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:18 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of conservative.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:21 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12450
CCC-P

Image

Just like fascists don't want to be identified as such the Marxists on this board will do anything not to be shown for their true selves... Pity.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:33 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
An Israeli Kibbutz is a form of Communism. While it doesn't appeal to me politically it is not Russian Communism.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:13 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
Maxine Waters wrote:
Well I certainly wouldn't consider a Republican a RINO for not defending the confederacy.

Refusal to enforce the border, repeal Obamacare, etc. Republicans that are scared to go on Sean Hannity. I'm not going to say they're not Republicans but I can't call them conservatives either.


Here is your type of hero that goes on Hannity.
SEE https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017 ... ifa/217820


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:25 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8674
Location: Your mother's purse
SteelHead wrote:
The south was right? You believe it is OK to own another human?

Sure, why not? As far as we know humans have been owning other humans and it still occurs today at varying degrees? This is also the main argument for supporting such noble causes as LGBT, etc....so while we can currently disqualify the notion that skin color is the proper justification for "a slave", you must recognize that other qualifications have been available throughout history (eg losing a battle).


Are suggesting that it is not OK? If that is your position, then by what justification (empirical and scientifically replicat-able of course) do you offer in support?


I would also suggest that your lifestyle does not exactly refute slavery as it is manifest today....jus sayin'

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:37 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
The simple fact that something has been done is no argument that it should be done. The main argument of LGBTQ is that it is none of your business what they do with consent of the other person.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:50 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 11815
Location: On the imaginary axis
subgenius wrote:
SteelHead wrote:
The south was right? You believe it is OK to own another human?


Sure, why not? As far as we know humans have been owning other humans and it still occurs today at varying degrees? This is also the main argument for supporting such noble causes as LGBT ...
(my emphasis)

The wonderful flash of obviously crazy obsession in the underlined words is an example of why a visit to this board can be such an amusing experience. But let that pass.

subgenius wrote:
Are suggesting that it is not OK?


Yup.

The great majority of people in advanced countries are unwilling to accept that the human race is divided into groups which, all other things being equal, have rights that are determined by their ethnicity, or by their descent from persons already enslaved. Also, on consideration, most of them will agree that the kind of chattel slavery practiced in the Old South was degrading for slave owners as well as for the slaves, and that a society based on slave labor is a gross under-use of the human potential of those enslaved.

Do you have any serious doubts on this matter yourself? Or are you just playing silly games as a lead up to a move along the lines of the good old 'Unless you believe in my deity you have no basis for moral judgements' schtick? I seem to recall you are a Mormon, after all ...

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:01 pm 
Apostle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 am
Posts: 766
Location: California
Why don't we invade and conquer countries guilty of slavery and other human rights violations today?

_________________
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 11815
Location: On the imaginary axis
Maxine Waters wrote:
Why don't we invade and conquer countries guilty of slavery and other human rights violations today?


Because the military, economic and political cost under current world circumstances would be far too high. And because in any democratic country it would be next to impossible to construct any kind of consensus on which (if any) countries should be selected for the treatment in question.

But you already knew all that - didn't you?

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:19 pm 
Apostle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 am
Posts: 766
Location: California
EAllusion wrote:
If you are being generous with the definition of welfare, safety net programs consume about 10% of the federal budget. If you are irrationally generous with Ajax and assume he is in the upper tax bracket via his optometrist salary and investments, but has a really bad accountant, maybe - maybe - he's paying an effective tax rate of 25% on his gains. Personal taxes like this aren't the entirety of the federal budget, but for sake of argument let's assume it is.

That would work out to 2.5% of his income going to federal welfare being super favorable to him every step of the way. LA add-ons would be negligible. He estimated 40% of his income going to welfare. In fact, he estimated that for "most of us" when I had to assume he's very affluent in order to get a number that high. That's how up in the night he is.


Did you count s social security, Medicare, Medicaid, section 8. etc? SS alone is at least 15% of your income.

_________________
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:30 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 11515
Maxine Waters wrote:

Did you count s social security, Medicare, Medicaid, section 8. etc? SS alone is at least 15% of your income.


The data I relied on counted SSDI as a form of safety net program. I did not count social security as retirement insurance because that is a forced retirement insurance program, not a safety net one. Ditto for Medicare. The definition does include Medicaid as that is a safety net program. It also includes section 8 subsidies, SNAP, TANF, WIC, and EITC's reimburse more than paid in. It's basically any means-tested program.

If you wanted to include SS and Medicare, which isn't really welfare in any ordinary sense of the term but is a huge chunk of the federal budget, that still would leave you drastically overestimating your and others' tax contribution.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Republicans who defend the Confederacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
Here is where the money goes.
SEE https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budg ... /spending/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Analytics, MrB, The CCC and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group